Ground wire question

Couple questions for my 2002 5.3 ext cab 4x4

p0101 still an ongoing issue.   I also noticed grounding problems.    Mechanic replacing my transmission said my battery was arcing badly and I needed to address the grounding.  Im thinking Maf sensor isnt getting consistent voltage.   Other issue is my cab top brake light and license lamp lights are dead, probably tripped another fuse, so thats probably a ground issue too.    Also, when using my left and right turn signal, my voltage fluctuates a volt or so back and forth with the light....

I remember my rubber batter terminal cable covers being in mediocre shape and the rubber may interfere a bit with the connection, thinking about replacing the negative and positive cables....any tips?

I'm going to clean up my grounds again to bare metal and then cover clean dry connections, torque them down and cover with grease.  That seems to be the method approved vs slabbing grease everywhere then trying to torque the ground in.

Any way I can replace the rear engine ground strap without removing the intake?

Can someone find me the ground locations map for my truck??? Cant find it anymore

EDIT: OK forgot this, I get bad radio interference when I plug in a converter in the cogarrette lighter,  this was told to me an obvious ground problem

Edited by greatmizzou

How about adding an additional ground wire for now, until you get the stock ones fixed?

Go to parts store, get a battery cable with ends (by the batteries at Advance Auto) then run that from negative battery terminal to the ground bolt by the brake booster or any body ground you can.

I had some issues resolved by running this setup.

• 4 weeks later...

update:

My fog lamps are toasted, like the lens caps are off and the bulb area is exposed.  Im sure its very corroded in the housing.  The bulbs do not work and the lamps need to be replaced.

If all my body grounds are clean...could this be a source of wiring problems?  My turn signal causes the voltage to rock back and forth and Im wondering if thats the issue...   

Im selling my truck and need to get it ready to pass inspections, dont want to do cosmetic fixes with no return....but still want this ground gremlin fixed and not passed on...

I replaced the burnt license plate lamps, burnt running day lamps, and disconnected corroded fog lamps(replacements havent arrived yet)

odd thing is tranny feels better and the mph dial glitched out for a minute while driving and is now back to normal.    Turn signal still makes the voltmeter drop slightly when ticking 

There is a ground terminal located on the drivers side under the front of the cab near the fender (if I remember correctly).

It has multiple ground wires connected to it.

Very problematic.

There is also two grounds under the front of the truck down where the fog lights are.