2017 Silverado rear end click

Hi guys, having a bit of an issue with my 2017 crew cab silverado. I hope the video i attached is viewable, but the issue is a weird click when leaving from a stop. Sometimes you hear it while attempting to slow down for a turn, you hear it going forward and when going in reverse. It is most noticeable as you begin to leave from a stop. The local dealer says they can't repeat the sound... I call B.S. So, i'm off to another dealer on Thursday... Does anyone else have this issue??? Thanks in advance, hvychev

Say you will show them and have them send a tech out to the truck. Its likely from a brake component cause there's not much else back there. I'd guess its the parking brake shoe rubbing on the backing plate and it just needs a little anti seize put behind it.

2nd dealer was a freakin' joke... Evidently dealers do not do any troubleshooting themselves. They simply send off an email to GM and wait for a response on where they should start, but they call it something catchy like 'tech case' or some other B.S... So, back at the original dealer now. I met with the shop foreman and showed him video footage of the issue... We'll see what happens here... 

The dealer has drilled it down to the leaf spring perch on the front of the leaf spring. Evidently the leaf spring assembly there had an issue and was not aligned as they would like to see. So, the dealer replaced the leaf spring, bushing, bolts and all there... So far, seems to be quiet but i've only spent about 10 minutes in the seat of it. 

NOT FIXED!!!... back to the dealer for the 3rd freakin' time... I knew it couldn't be a suspension component because the noise never came about while in motion on uneven terrain, like a farm road. Any advice? Any proper steps with GM i can take? How do i properly escalate this to get some traction on it? 

I'm still thinking its the parking brake shoes moving on the backing plate. If you want to check yourself just take the rear rotor off and put some anti seize behind the part of the shoe on the top and bottom that rub on the plate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update... I sent an email with video to GM, also video emailed to the dealership... Being that the noise could not be duplicated at the dealership, GM would not authorize parts replacement... So, to make a very long story short, i traded it. I am now driving a competitors truck. After 5 dealership visits, and a complete lack of support from GM, my only regret is buying the silverado in the first place. Not to mention my wife and I are upgrading our SUV in the near future as well, and after this, we won't even remotely entertain any GM products. End of story. Hopefully no others share the same story.