Need verification of heated steering wheel parts upgrade

43 minutes ago, Waffle34 said:

Thats good, i finally got some small enough test leads clipped on the pins. I have no voltage either. (seems weird since i do have heated seats, heated mirrors, and remote start...) I will have to rewatch the youtube vids to see what is needed to do.

Did u make sure u it was in the on position when u checked? My truck doesn’t have heated seats or leather in it but was fully wire plug and play for the heated steering wheel. 

6 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Did u make sure u it was in the on position when u checked? My truck doesn’t have heated seats or leather in it but was fully wire plug and play for the heated steering wheel. 

weird. Not entirely sure what you mean by "on position". Truck was running if thats what you meant. I havent bought the parts yet as i wanted to see how big of a pain it was gonna be and i see now i need to wire the socket.

3 minutes ago, Waffle34 said:

weird. Not entirely sure what you mean by "on position". Truck was running if thats what you meant. I havent bought the parts yet as i wanted to see how big of a pain it was gonna be and i see now i need to wire the socket.

Yeah running is what I meant. 

I’m going to utilize the upfitter switches I purchased using the X7(?) plug under the dash. I purchased a plug with leads in all the potential pin placements, I could tap into that for power if I needed to. It’s about 6” away from the steering wheel plug.

b3deff50363db20de7ede8f8408a7727.jpg

I’m going to use the switches for other accessories and grab power out of the harness for the heated steering wheel (and auto dimming mirror I added)..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I’m going to utilize the upfitter switches I purchased using the X7(?) plug under the dash. I purchased a plug with leads in all the potential pin placements, I could tap into that for power if I needed to. It’s about 6” away from the steering wheel plug.

I’m going to use the switches for other accessories and grab power out of the harness for the heated steering wheel (and auto dimming mirror I added)..

I decided to just get Pgamboa's wiring harness for the heated steering wheel AND for my dimming mirror upgrade.

installed the heated wheel harness today in about 30 minutes.  it couldn't have been easier. thank you, sir. (and thank you to Frankie for the steering wheel)

f706db8e9bc0f9ea9e172e8092676b6c.jpg

cc00072c0d15a093b7bb6a2b2e8f56fa.jpg

• Like 2