Steering Wheel Radio Control 23262276 New Radio Switch

Anyone know if this can be added to an elevation. Steering wheel ?

my elevation 2018 came with only the cruise control in the steering wheel and I would like to add the radio controls. 

anyone ever done this mod ?

867B8BBC-8F71-47F7-8B1C-645F96B11016.png

3 hours ago, tmo said:

That is not the radio controls, those control the DIC. The elevation has the WT screen and isn’t programmed to receive commands from it. So no.

Part and description was taken off GM’s site are you saying they have it labeled wrong ?

Edited by Sean006

Part and description was taken off GM’s site are you saying they have it labeled wrong ?  

Maybe lol. Honestly, the radio and DIC are the same thing. They work as one so technically you could say they are radio controls, but the arrows control the DIC not the radio.

I have a 17 Custom, would this work (plug and play?)

No, it would not be plug and play without adding wiring in the dash and upgrading your radio.

Basically, if you don’t have them from factory, you don’t have the right hardware and software to make them work.

you need the mic for the headliner, harness, probably the 8" radio. your looking at a big project and $$$ it might even requir a different Human Interface puter than what is stock on your WT, I have it in my truck and I never use it . just talk thru the phone 

Edited by flyingfool

you need the mic for the headliner, harness, probably the 8" radio. your looking at a big project and $$$ it might even requir a different Human Interface puter than what is stock on your WT, I have it in my truck and I never use it . just talk thru the phone 

Yes, exactly. They are completely different systems that just are in the same shell. Like Mac and Windows in a way... Both computers, but not compatible. I tried for 3 years getting funds together and sourcing all the parts to make it happen and was never able to. Of course I’m in college so money is tight, but it seems like every time you think you know something there is more wiring involved. Totaled the truck and got an SLT.. so no need to worry about it anymore lol