4 amp drain killing my battery

Howdy all! I'm here looking for some advice. I'm a serious do-it-yourself'er who hates paying outrageous shop fees if I can help it. But, this one has me stumped. I'm driving an 04' Yukon Denali that has, just recently, started draining the battery if left alone for 6-8 hours. I conducted a amp test and found that I have a 4 amp draw coming from two fuses on the dash panel which are labelled IGN 0 and TCM IGN 0. I replaced the ignition switch with no change. The truck starts and drives with no issues at all with both fuses in. When I pulled them, the truck will start and drive but stays in 4th gear. Is this a sign that my tranny is going out? What all exactly do these fuses go to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Like 1

I would suggest signing up for the full-service manual at a site like alldatadiy.com or get the book version (helminc.com/ebay/amazon).  It'll have the wiring diagram for your truck, as well as physical harness location and connector pinouts so you can figure out where the problem is.

• Like 1