Calling All Big Block Owners

Hi all 

Looking at a '95 K2500 with the 454. L19 454 if I'm not mistaken. Brand new to the Chevy Truck world. Guy says it's in excellent condition with 120k and is asking 9.5. What do y'all think? 
This truck would accompany my daily driven Toyota Truck which is slowly becoming a crawler. No pun intended? I am going to haul a trailer and camper.
I believe the '95 454 was a L19. Anyone have any stories with the engine? Issues? Raving or scathing reviews? This is by far my favorite body style of the Chevy Trucks so a new truck is out of the question. But what remains is, what is the best year for the big block Chevy Trucks?

-Ish

K2500.jpg

k2500back.jpg

I have that body style truck with 115K miles on it. It’s the longest vehicle I’ve ever owned as a toy. The only thing I had to do to it out of the norm was the rubber brake lines to the caliper. I’m going on ten years with it.c23b6a00bf2e89604f411461ba61b098.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The 454 is a good stout motor and it should have plenty of torque for most hauling. It's like anything else, if it is maintained well it should perform well. You shouldn't expect stellar gas mileage, but i'm guessing you aren't. These are my favorite body style of GM trucks too. I've owned several since this body style premiered in 1988.I bought this red short bed new in January of 1991 and will probably never sell it.  HPIM0372.thumb.JPG.adf43568760d4bd3a06fa8ef9d5823fb.JPG

I also have a 1993 GMC extended cab that is my daily driver with 260k on it. I wouldn't be afraid to drive that truck anywhere.

• Like 1