Stealth Module

Anyone using a stealth module? Is it worth the $600? Main reason I'm considering is the turbo lag. I've had 5 1500's before making the jump to a diesel and the turbo lag drives me nuts at bad intersections when I really wanna scoot across! Also, does the stealth module truly not leave any type of footprint??

A year or so ago I found a used one for my then 2014 Duramax.  It had the selectable switch with it which is an option, so I was able to switch it off for stock, then try the low and hi settings.  I was not impressed and have not even considered getting it for my 2020.  Driving improvements were minimal.  Fuel mileage per the DIC did increase but did not get better per my hand calcs.  I took it off after a few months as I just kept thinking I have this snake oil box from a no-name company potentially damaging my what $20K (?) engine for very minor seat of the pants improvement. 

• 1 month later...

I had one on my 16 Duramax woke the truck up no lag when stomping on pedal to pass someone pulled hard. As far as fuel mileage 17 to 19 after install 19 to 22. pulling our 38ft fifth wheel maybe a 2 mpg gain. Its not a tuner so you won't see the huge HP gains.

The stealth module is a very similar in function to a number of other in line tuners on the market for the L5P duramax engine. After reviewing a number of different modules and an ecm replacement option- I would not recommend the stealth as an option to my clients. 

That being said, the stealth is a viable performance device. Just not the inline tuning device I would suggest. Which is why I do not install it nor suggest it to my clientele. 

Do your own research and make your own informed decision. There are two viable inline tuning options on the market at this time(just my professional opinion) and one commercially available ECM tuning option. 

In the end, if you choose to alter the factory calibration of your L5P, understand that you are potentially accepting any engine, transmission, drivetrain, or powertrain issues as your own. I am well aware of moss magnuson and how it is intended to impact aftermarket equipment. It’s intended purpose is not for devices to increase work load in factory components. 

Back to stock equipment failures and warranty issues... While many of those issues can and and will be handled under warranty, if GM chooses to dig deep enough, there is a very good likelihood that additional power can be seen. 

Just because a given device does not leave a “fingerprint” directly in the ecm, does not mean that it cannot be seen in logs or other areas of the current architecture. 

As I inform all of my clients, if you exceed the factory settings for the vehicle, with the proper tools, additional power/torque may be viewed. 

There is a video by Banks that tests all of them versus his which is very enlightening and gives dyno results etc. 

I'll leave it up to you but after watching it I will only be using the Banks tuner when available. 

• Like 1