AT4 mirror caps

Hi All.  I’m new to this forum so please forgive if this has been asked before. I recently took  delivery of a 2019 AT4 with the technology package and it says it should have color painted mirror caps. Mine has the chrome caps. On an all black truck, I’m hating them...  Any idea who I should contact or what I should do. ? Thanks for any help....

11 hours ago, VinnieM said:

Hi All.  I’m new to this forum so please forgive if this has been asked before. I recently took  delivery of a 2019 AT4 with the technology package and it says it should have color painted mirror caps. Mine has the chrome caps. On an all black truck, I’m hating them...  Any idea who I should contact or what I should do. ? Thanks for any help....

I'd start with your dealer first. Tell your salesmen that the caps should be black. If you have pictures of one take them or look at another AT 4 on the lot. Just doing a search of 2019 GMC AT4 all the pics I see are black mirror caps. Maybe they switched yours for a customer that wanted black ones.

Thank you.  Will do.  I noticed  when you build a truck on GMC website, and you add the tech package, part of the package is painted mirror caps  The caps are only $100 but I’ve read where they’re a little entailed to change. I’d rather they do it. 

When you buy the AT4, the black caps, floor liners, and running boards arrive at the dealership in boxes and the dealership is supposed to install them.  They either dropped the ball or gave them to another truck... either way, they owe you black mirror caps (and installation).

• Like 2

Thank you.  I’m contacting the dealer now. It’s even listed as part of the technology package which I have. Probably being a bit anal but those big chrome things on an all black truck are driving me nuts...

Same happened to me. I noticed while waiting for them to close the deal. So i told them about as it was listed in the window sticker. They found them in the back and had me scheduled for the weekend to replace them. They did the change in less than 5 minutes. Just pop old ones out with a small flat screwdriver and in go the new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Called my dealer.  It’s going in for the recalls and they’re gonna change them to black.  It’s been driving me crazy...  They come as part of the technology package so they should’ve e been in my truck. Thanks for all your help