Custom Printed parts

Alrighty guys so I know when these trucks were still the newest ones I came across a guy who made some extended 3D printed caps for the headlights on these trucks (intended for use with LED headlights with big fans on the back) but I wanna know if anyone else has used a 3D printer of their own or has purchased 3D printed parts for their vehicles. I’m about to start printing a custom switch panel for the center console

Share some pics or comments, even the STL files if you think others might like them. I’ve seen a few GMC/Chevy related parts on thingiverse.com but not much specific to these trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought 2 printed GM antenna tools from Jim https://jms3dprinting.com/ . There’s a pic of it in the photo gallery on his site. I was trying to find somebody to sell me one of the ones that come on new GMs (or used to anyway) and couldn’t find any for sale so I took a chance on these cause they were fairly cheap.I really didn’t know what to expect as far as quality, usability, ect but they are better than I expected.

Good luck with your switch panel & post some pics when you get it done.

• 4 months later...
On 12/18/2019 at 10:19 AM, wforrest08 said:

I bought 2 printed GM antenna tools from Jim https://jms3dprinting.com/ . There’s a pic of it in the photo gallery on his site. I was trying to find somebody to sell me one of the ones that come on new GMs (or used to anyway) and couldn’t find any for sale so I took a chance on these cause they were fairly cheap.I really didn’t know what to expect as far as quality, usability, ect but they are better than I expected.

Good luck with your switch panel & post some pics when you get it done.

Will do! I'm still learning the higher temp materials like the ones that would be needed for this project, between that, starting a new job, and recently purchasing a new to me motorcycle the truck has been tossed to the back burner. I will keep this updated as I build the panel though! I have a few locations in mind for it to go and a few designs made up. Just gotta get around to printing the prototypes and test fitting them 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/11/2020 at 9:54 PM, Mike1220 said:

Will do! I'm still learning the higher temp materials like the ones that would be needed for this project, between that, starting a new job, and recently purchasing a new to me motorcycle the truck has been tossed to the back burner. I will keep this updated as I build the panel though! I have a few locations in mind for it to go and a few designs made up. Just gotta get around to printing the prototypes and test fitting them 

any luck making that switch panel?