Is the 2020 lt trail boss really a 4500 option over the regular lt?

On 12/21/2019 at 2:50 AM, Dunn said:

no storage on custom TB....really a bare bones truck...it is basically a work truck with lift kit, and some like simplicity of that...i almost bought one, 2020 could have more options as i see you can get 6.2 and saw another site where you can upgrade a WT to near an RST level....leather wheel, heated and power seats, dual climate, 110v in and outside.....so am sure it costs more

be curious tho what it actually cost GMC to build WT vs high country.....their actual cost difference (labor and materials), cant imagine its more than 3-4k if even that.....bit of software, few buttons, bit of leather. add some wiring.....the parts are already there so they don't have to make them.....just connect and install.....bet a lot would be shocked.....there is 40k difference between basic WT and HC.....10-15k profit easy,  mine was discounted almost 12k and i didn't even have to work hard for it......lots o room to manuever

My guess on high end mfg . making close to 20k plus dealer makes probably 5 -7g. On the low end mfg. making 5-7 g and dealer 2-3 g. This just my humble opinion .

I read in consumer article 10k plus for dealers, didn't say trim level I don't believe.....but with them discounting 20-28% they still have to make out so, and just looking at higher trims than mine theyre just isn't much difference cept for electronics and few more buttons, anyway thought it was interesting but off topic so carry on....

I do like trail boss just LT TB was more than I wanted to spend so ill make my own " so to speak"

only thing I would do different is get bucket seats ( a must from now on) and 6.2L would have been nice, having a lil more than you need isn't bad thing and its only another 1k from 5.3 upgrade