Cooling fan issue

Hi All:

2005 Sierra SLE w/ 5.3 liter engine, approx 235k mi.

The other day, I tried to start my truck and the battery was totally dead.  It's only about a year old.  

I hooked up my charger, and after a minute or two, the passenger side cooling fan came to life.  It ran for about a minute then shut down.  This cycle started again about one minute later.

I disconnected that fan, and charged the battery for several hours.  Truck started right up.  Ran fine.  So, for some reason the one fan is draining the battery down to nothing.  It's winter here, so the truck did not overheat after driving it for about ten minutes, but I obviously need to get this addressed.  Anyone know if this is a thermostat/sensor issue, or does the fan need to be replaced?  I don't even know where the thermostat for the fan operation is located.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Worse yet.  One relay has corroded, leaving a lead in the slot, and another has one lead partially corroded.  I guess I have to replace the block itself, but I can't see how to remove it without removing the larger main fuse block first.  There is a piece on the corroded block that sits under a piece on the main block.  I don't see how to move it without pulling the entire main block.

Anyone have any ideas on that?  Help!

Here is the situation now:

I need the new fuse block.  In the underside of it, there are metal contacts that run through it, and they are also corroded.  I just spoke with a dealership about getting a new one, and it's about $650.00, but I really don't need the whole wiring harness, just the block with some decent leads attached, and I could splice it all in.  Anyone know where I can get one for a reasonable price?  I am reluctant to go to a local junkyard, as this corrosion issue will probably crop up in any truck from this area (lots of road salt used in Western NY - it gets everywhere).