Heat - Back Seat

Taz56

4 hours ago, Taz56 said:

Really disappointed. 

PS: From Canada and it is damn cold here LOL. This week has been in the -30's (-22F) Brrrrrr

You can keep the back seat area warm or cool  even without the additional vents found in the new trucks.   Keep the air moving!   If you want to speed up the process, Canadian Tire or Princess Auto sell inexpensive 12V fans that you can place on the floor in the back.   I was fortunate to live in northern BC and Alberta in the 70's and 80's and became very adept at keeping the children comfortable in the backseat of a SuperCab, Van and Suburban.  The same logic applies to your home.  If you have perimeter baseboard heating (or a wood stove) and want to eliminate cool zones, employ the help of a fan.  Your cab is a small confined space that could be kept at a comfortable temperature throughout even if it only came with front vents.  The additional rear vents in your truck are gravy ? 

Edited by Donstar
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, oldmann said:

I think it that weather it would be reasonable to keep the blower and heater on full out until you drove some distance.  How cold is it where you park?  If it is outside I bet recovery time would be high.

Outside at home (wife takes the garage LOL) but indoors during the day at work in a parkade.

Sounds like a similar setup in regards to the rear ducting as it has been in automobiles for the past 30-40 years, with ducts under the front seats.  So if your climate controls are pushing heat out for the floor in the FRONT, it will be pushing it out the floor in the REAR.

The vents at the back of the center console should essentially be equal to the TOP vents in the front.  During floor mode they won't be blowing.

Edited by BlaineBug

6 hours ago, It's Tim said:

I think you are confusing "wind chill" with ambient temperature.

It was -20F (-28C) actual temperature here during the infamous polar vortex, so yea.

-43*C today, -52*C with the windchill. I can vouch the OP’s post. I too noticed the rear vents blow very little and its colder air then the fronts. Guessing it cools off by the time it goes through the console and gets to the back. Only solution is to close some of the front vents. 

Just a heads up those back vent don't work unless you select face. But you have the ones under the front seats if you have it on feet. Just an idea i usually leave blankets in the back for the kids and now there is heated blanket. We have it easy these days. I never knew of the existence of the heated seat when I was younge, sometimes the heating system was barely able to keep the windows clear

IMG_20200115_204346.thumb.jpg.b45339edb58ccc65433324d627e05db5.jpg

-43*C today, -52*C with the windchill. I can vouch the OP’s post. I too noticed the rear vents blow very little and its colder air then the fronts. Guessing it cools off by the time it goes through the console and gets to the back. Only solution is to close some of the front vents. 

Heck I thought the front cab was cold on the way back from town today temp was -15°F in town much colder at home without the wind chill that is.

9 minutes ago, Moend said:

Heck I thought the front cab was cold on the way back from town today temp was -15°F in town much colder at home without the wind chill that is.

I did just under 1000kms yesterday to pick up a bike for someone. Had to leave the window defrost on otherwise the windshield and front side windows would frost/ice up instantly. 

I did just under 1000kms yesterday to pick up a bike for someone. Had to leave the window defrost on otherwise the windshield and front side windows would frost/ice up instantly. 

Same here. Also the fan at %50

Yeah it has definitely been a blanket week (still is). A thin one under her as the car seat is cold and one over her after I strap her in. Just sucks in a brand new truck, and in 2020 to have to do that sort of thing.

Like someone else mentioned, I remember driving back in the 80's and 90's and not having the technology, but today?

So I have (we all have) defrost, front vents and floor. If I turn off floor and / or defrost the vents in the back pick up and I get more circulation. BUT then my feet get cold and my windows fog up so I need to turn them back on taking away form the back of the truck again.. LOL, it is a vicious circle.  

• 3 years later...

We have the same problem on our 2023 sierra. Not only is there very little heat in the back the floor heat in the front is horrible. We have had it in to the dealership and they have looked at all of the flap adjustments and basically shrug their shoulders and say “ that’s just the way it is “. Very disappointed. We often have -35 weather with a - 40 wind chill where we live as well so it’s not efficient