2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali POSSESSED Touchscreen

POSSESSED  touchscreen within my 2017 GMC sierra Denali. Approximately two months ago my touch screen while playing music on the radio station began to switch stations on its own, First slowly and then rapidly with no particular pattern as it just randomly chooses different screens, Menu items, basically whatever the touchscreen has available it runs through most of them in no particular order. While doing this it also will change my digital speedometer to another menu item as well. Has anyone had this problem? Ive taken it to the dealership many times and the only solution according to them is that I need a new touchscreen but usually cost between $800-$1000, i’m hoping someone has a solution! Thank you

13 minutes ago, Daniel Vafa said:

POSSESSED  touchscreen within my 2017 GMC sierra Denali. Approximately two months ago my touch screen while playing music on the radio station began to switch stations on its own, First slowly and then rapidly with no particular pattern as it just randomly chooses different screens, Menu items, basically whatever the touchscreen has available it runs through most of them in no particular order. While doing this it also will change my digital speedometer to another menu item as well. Has anyone had this problem? Ive taken it to the dealership many times and the only solution according to them is that I need a new touchscreen but usually cost between $800-$1000, i’m hoping someone has a solution! Thank you

Welcome to the site.

Taking it you are out of warranty? Where is your mileage on the truck? Really no fix, either the screen is going bad, but more than likely it is your HMI module that controls most of the dash's electronics.

Lot's of post's on here about the same problem, maybe there is a fix?