Mishi Moto transmission cooler

I just went through a transmission at 100,000 miles and installed a new monster transmission. My trans temps still stayed at 196-205 all the time. So I installed a Mishimoto transmission cooler kit. Now my temperatures have been staying around 106 if I’m driving 55-60 mph. And 125 on the interstate running 90 mph. Of course the ambient temperature right now is 35 degrees. Haven’t tested it towing yet but my old transmission would hit 220 on the interstate. So my question is, is my temperatures to low now?

F4AD4649-EE2C-4944-A942-4CEE6CFBE86B.jpeg

I just went through a transmission at 100,000 miles and installed a new monster transmission. My trans temps still stayed at 196-205 all the time. So I installed a Mishimoto transmission cooler kit. Now my temperatures have been staying around 106 if I’m driving 55-60 mph. And 125 on the interstate running 90 mph. Of course the ambient temperature right now is 35 degrees. Haven’t tested it towing yet but my old transmission would hit 220 on the interstate. So my question is, is my temperatures to low now?
F4AD4649-EE2C-4944-A942-4CEE6CFBE86B.thumb.jpeg.eacef053e025182aaa0fbe4b8fa179ed.jpeg

Unless you’re asking if anyone has experience with your product, this is a question better answered by the manufacturer of the cooler you’ve purchased it from

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

So the reason your trans went and the reason it hit 220 on the interstate is because your trans thermostat was stuck closed. The thermostat regulates the trans temp from 190-200 in all conditions. The factory cooler is adequate for 99% of people.

So basically you deleted the thermostat and you installed a more powerful cooler when the oem cooler was more than adequate.

The best way to solve your issue is to reinstall the factory trans thermostat.

• Like 1