Differences Between My 2019 and 2020 silverados

Well now that my buyback is complete and I have had the 2020 Duramax for almost a week let me point out a few differences I noticed. First of all the 2020 rides stiffer in a good way. Gone is that swaying/ bouncing and old time Cadillac wallowing when driving on wavy pavement surfaces. They either changed the springs, shocks or both for the better. This gives the 2020 a much more solid feel on the road. They also changed the power steering feel it’s not as loose and vague at lower speeds as the 2019 was. The infotainment system no longer has a mind of its own adjusting the brightness improperly for day and night lighting. They have added some cool new menus to the DIC including one for towing angle and vehicle angle. The radio has a few new menus as well. The big winner on the 2020 is the 10 speed Ford/GM transmission it never hunts for a gear and never have I felt a rough or inappropriate down shift or vibrations like in my 2019. Of course having the diesel I don’t have cylinder deactivation so this could be why the vibration is gone as well. The Duramax is pretty incredible on mileage over the 5.3 it’s very noticeable. Both trucks are non Z51 crew cab  LTs.

067F2ADA-38BE-44E6-B95C-AFEA4FBBFCA7.jpeg

Edited by ILSilverado
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Plug and play, unplug the harness from the back of the switch plug in the Autostop into the switch, then the harness into the Autostop and you're done.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/most-popular/products/2019-silverado-sierra-autostop-eliminator

How’s the power on the 3.0l compared to the 5.3? I’m considering getting rid of my 2019 for the 2020 solely for the 10-speed transmission. I really don’t need 4wd so the only way to get the 10 speed in a 2wd is with the diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing at full throttle it stay's in the sweet spot pulls really hard in all ten gears plus with two wheel drive you should be able to get 30+ mpg. Overall, I think this is the best half ton truck out there and I've had Ford, GMC, Chevy, Toyota and Honda Ridgeline. Normal driving, it's hard to tell when the transmission shifts. With a gas engine you really have work the RPM's to see the power, but with the 3.0L the power never drops off.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 9:09 AM, hotrodz37 said:

How’s the power on the 3.0l compared to the 5.3? I’m considering getting rid of my 2019 for the 2020 solely for the 10-speed transmission. I really don’t need 4wd so the only way to get the 10 speed in a 2wd is with the diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s almost the same feel. It’s seems to be a good motor.