Axe and shovel in bed mount

I posted this over in the main forum under the bed organization thread, but figure I should put here for you guys to take a look as well.  I wanted to be able to mount a shovel and an axe for when I am at my  hunting property and by chance needed one or the other, and came up with a nice and clean way to do it.  

I purchased a set of Amazon GM tie down anchors that fit into the recessed cutouts in the Silverado bed.  Then a set of "quick fist" 2 1/4" rubber clamps, typically used on a roof rack for shovels and axes.  I then took the eye hook threaded rod out of the tie down anchors and matched the threads to a 1 3/4" stainless machine screw.  The quick fist clamp are drilled in the middle to be mounted, so I just ran the machine screw through the clamp and into the anchor assembly.  Mounted the new anchor with clamp into the pockets in the bed.   The Silverado has 9 of these pockets to install the takedown anchors, but the best spot for a long tool is over the wheel hump, as it stays tucked in and away from materials and such that I typically put in the bed.    

I would imagine there are other possiblities using these anchors, like making mounting plates for other equipment, or a molle plate etc.   

1311382310_IMG_0807copy.thumb.jpg.9ea31e89e610b002ee6ca34bcee527c4.jpg842214231_bedmod2.thumb.jpg.ad3681e3b2c88d4bf8096fad4610fff5.jpg517315204_IMG_33752.thumb.jpg.228cab59b462fd452d19ff50afb751f4.jpg

• Like 6