Alternator and Volt drops

Hi,

I need help, i guess i know the answer but just to be sure.

I have the problem, that if headlights on and i turn the wheel, my volt drops and sometimes it drops so low that the steering assist goes off. I also checked the voltage in idle and its around 12,x to 14,5 and its going up and down, all the time. Also the light is dimming, when i turn on the turning signal or hit the breaks.

I think it is the alternator but not 100% sure.

Happy to get some ideas.

Thanks

Pierre

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Habnixzuverliern said:

Hi,

I need help, i guess i know the answer but just to be sure.

I have the problem, that if headlights on and i turn the wheel, my volt drops and sometimes it drops so low that the steering assist goes off. I also checked the voltage in idle and its around 12,x to 14,5 and its going up and down, all the time. Also the light is dimming, when i turn on the turning signal or hit the breaks.

I think it is the alternator but not 100% sure.

Happy to get some ideas.

Thanks

Pierre

Same as snowcamo said.  

Turns out mine was the alternator going out and so I replaced the 150amp with a new 170amp.  Been fine ever since.

• Like 1

I have a check lamp, which I used on the fuse box and the check lamp is also flickering, if I do the same on the battery terminals/cable no flickering.

Im gonna save you the future headache and cost now by saying this. Get a voltmeter and stop using that light. If your in the DFW I'd meetup with you some parts of the electrical parts dont like being grounded at all.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk