On Star trial ended.

Ok so my ON STAR trial has ended, I tried to make a hands free call and couldn’t without On Star. I have my phone connected to intellilink, when Push the talk button on the steering wheel everything works as before, except she says unavailable at this time. I can push the button on my phone bring up Siri an d make the call. 

Is there something I need to change in the settings menu ? I thought I would be able to make calls with my phone connected.

thanks for your help.

Edited by Woz

“Update” After reading more online, owners manual and playing with it. I have discovered that if you hold the talk button on the steering wheel for a few seconds longer it will bypass the On Star system and Siri will come up. 

Then you can use Siri to make calls and connect to Apple Car Play, hands free using Siri. I was used to my wife’s Hyundia where it always went through the car’s system. 

As long as you have a cell phone connected to vehicle bluetooth that method a handsfree call can be made by that method.

Phone doesn't have to be plugged in and doesn't require use of onstar or carplay or aa app.