In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

jmeeler19

2016 Silverado surging rpms and slight shake

I've got a 2016 Silverado 4wd with a 6in lift.  I purchased the truck about a year ago and have had no issues at all.  I tuned it with an SCT x4 right after I purchased it.  I took it on a about 70 mile trip tonight with no issues at all.  I realized I forgot something from town and jumped back in it to run back out and it started surging and rpms were jumping around about 250-300 rpms.  If I downshifted one gear it would quit and do fine.  It also has sort of metal rattle sound when shifting gears now.  Any one have any ideas? 

Edited by jmeeler19

69,000 miles 5.3 6 spd. It's just crazy to me how it was perfectly fine the whole way home and then 5 minutes later has issues.  No warning signs at all.  

do you have a scanner to read transmission codes. i was watching videos on the 6 speed and a lot of the problems come from check valve balls getting stuck in the valve body

• Like 1

I've got the sct x4 I know it see engine trouble codes not sure about transmission codes.   I don't have any lights in the dash and truck showed no codes with the sct.  

So I finally got a check engine light while trying to get the truck to the dealer but it doesn't make sense to me.  It's P219A Bank 1 Air/Fuel Ratio Imbalance.  I could see the surging and rpms fluctuation but the odd sounds at gear change is crazy to me?  Could it be struggling that much on rpm change that it makes metallic sounds? 

Edited by jmeeler19

So, I had to get it hauled to the dealer because it started running so bad but dealer says I have a bad pump and they will cover it under warranty.  

Edited by jmeeler19

Update: I got a call from the service advisor at the dealership today and he says that it is a bad vacuum pump causing all the issues.

Got another call from the dealer today.  " We replaced the vacuum pump but that didn't fix it.  Now you have a failed #3 injector and a bad high pressure fuel pump, going to be $1300 to fix it.". Are there any tsb or recalls out for this?  I haven't seen anything while searching but do see a fair amount of injector issues among the searches.  

Went to pick the truck up the other day and still had the original issue with the shudder.  Took it back to the dealer and they confirmed torque converter issues.  So I really had two problems.  They are now putting a new transmission in it.  GM did agree to help cover some of the replacement costs thankfully.  Hopefully when I get this thing back it will trouble free for a while.