Infotainment update

My truck notified me this morning about an update for the infotainment system. Went ahead and let it do the update while I was in the gym. 
when I got in my truck my Bluetooth no longer works. My phone is no longer a recognized device and it won’t let me add any devices. Also when I plug my phone in Apple CarPlay no longer activates and the icon on my trucks screen is grey. When I tap it the screen flashes like its going to open the app and then nothing, just back to the home screen. Anyone else have anything like this? I’m assuming I’m not the only one that got an update this morning. 

Any updates on this? Mine has not updated/showed no update available last night, but oddly it has started to act funny every time I start the truck. Seems like when Bluetooth connects to my phone it stops audio coming from XM. If I change the XM channel the audio returns.

Anybody else seeing something like this? Still functions, but wow...annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/3/2020 at 2:37 PM, dab5577 said:

Any updates on this? Mine has not updated/showed no update available last night, but oddly it has started to act funny every time I start the truck. Seems like when Bluetooth connects to my phone it stops audio coming from XM. If I change the XM channel the audio returns.

i have the same issue, pretty annoying.  I also sometime get the message, "Satellite signal lost.. Attemping to reconnect..."  The dealer never saw it happen but I showed them the picture on my phone.  Their story was, you must have been blocking the receiver by being in a garage or behind a building.  With this error on the screen to only way I have found to get it to work is to stop and power down the truck until the retained power is shut down. At next start the error does not return but the XM audio problem is still there.

If the dealer can't make it happen or see the problem, you don't have a problem.

IMG_2204.JPG

Edited by pegasus
add picture

I’m curious about this new update. I haven’t been prompted for it yet either. Do you have a version number?

This is the most temperamental infotainment system I’ve ever had. Half the time it doesn’t recognize that my phone is connected even when it shows it is. I try to make a call and it acts like there is no phone connected. So I place the call on the phone and it comes on over the hands free system....

it also is still very annoying that it cuts the ringer volume on my phone way down every time it connects...

13 hours ago, jpgcrna said:

I’m curious about this new update. I haven’t been prompted for it yet either. Do you have a version number?

This is the most temperamental infotainment system I’ve ever had. Half the time it doesn’t recognize that my phone is connected even when it shows it is. I try to make a call and it acts like there is no phone connected. So I place the call on the phone and it comes on over the hands free system....

it also is still very annoying that it cuts the ringer volume on my phone way down every time it connects...

I have that same issue.

Have you guys always had this issue? Mine randomly started it seems in the past two weeks or so. Maybe it has something to do with Onstar trials?

20 hours ago, dab5577 said:

I haven't had that issue happen.

16 hours ago, pegasus said:

i have the same issue, pretty annoying.  I also sometime get the message, "Satellite signal lost.. Attemping to reconnect..."  The dealer never saw it happen but I showed them the picture on my phone.  Their story was, you must have been blocking the receiver by being in a garage or behind a building.  With this error on the screen to only way I have found to get it to work is to stop and power down the truck until the retained power is shut down. At next start the error does not return but the XM audio problem is still there.

If the dealer can't make it happen or see the problem, you don't have a problem.

I have had the issue where it will not find the satellite signal and the only way it works again is to turn off the truck. I have had that happen about 3 times, not lately that I can remember, but I would have to just listen to a local radio station while hoping it would find the satellite while on a 45 minute drive. I never told my dealer about it, figured it was an XM Satellite radio issue at the time.