Infotainment update

I don’t have the version number. I know when mine did the update it was sitting way out in the middle of a parking lot with a clear sky. Wasn’t working correctly on my 15 min drive home. Parked in my driveway and went out 4-5 hours later to go somewhere and all was fine 

On 3/3/2020 at 9:45 PM, jpgcrna said:

I’m curious about this new update. I haven’t been prompted for it yet either. Do you have a version number?

This is the most temperamental infotainment system I’ve ever had. Half the time it doesn’t recognize that my phone is connected even when it shows it is. I try to make a call and it acts like there is no phone connected. So I place the call on the phone and it comes on over the hands free system....

it also is still very annoying that it cuts the ringer volume on my phone way down every time it connects...

Mine does the same thing.  The dealer tried to blame it on my new phone.  The bitch in the box will say no phone number for the contact.  Fun times.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheGeek said:

Mine does the same thing.  The dealer tried to blame it on my new phone.  The bitch in the box will say no phone number for the contact.  Fun times.

Lol @ bitch in the box. 

• Like 1

I’ll try disconnecting and reconnecting to see what happens. Overall I think GM just put out a buggy system and they need to do a little better job of getting on top of it. It seems there have been issues in the 1500’s since the ‘19s came out and they haven’t resolved those either.

Honestly it makes me nervous they are never going to fix it and will just replace it in a year or 2 with the new system that’s going into the new tahoe/yukon.

”Thanks for your 80k, Go away now...”

On 3/4/2020 at 12:33 PM, SkidooSteve12 said:

I haven't had that issue happen.

I have had the issue where it will not find the satellite signal and the only way it works again is to turn off the truck. I have had that happen about 3 times, not lately that I can remember, but I would have to just listen to a local radio station while hoping it would find the satellite while on a 45 minute drive. I never told my dealer about it, figured it was an XM Satellite radio issue at the time.

So yesterday afternoon while running errands it would not connect to the satellite and just listened to the local radio for awhile... Then worked fine later on. Weird.

On 3/5/2020 at 7:02 AM, TheGeek said:

Does it only do it after a remote start? Mine wont voice dial after a remote start but works fine if started normally. All the contacts are on the infotainment screen and I can dial from there.

This has baffled me, i just purchased a 2020 Suburban in Canada, my display looks nothing like the ones here.  Yours look like infotainment 3, mine doesn't... anyone have any ideas about this?

IMG_6506.JPG

IMG_6505.JPG

i have the same issue, pretty annoying.  I also sometime get the message, "Satellite signal lost.. Attemping to reconnect..."  The dealer never saw it happen but I showed them the picture on my phone.  Their story was, you must have been blocking the receiver by being in a garage or behind a building.  With this error on the screen to only way I have found to get it to work is to stop and power down the truck until the retained power is shut down. At next start the error does not return but the XM audio problem is still there.
If the dealer can't make it happen or see the problem, you don't have a problem.

I have had the issue where it will not find the satellite signal and the only way it works again is to turn off the truck. I have had that happen about 3 times, not lately that I can remember, but I would have to just listen to a local radio station while hoping it would find the satellite while on a 45 minute drive. I never told my dealer about it, figured it was an XM Satellite radio issue at the time.

I get this same problem quite often when backing out of my garage. I don’t usually catch it till I’m a mile down the road.
I’ve been switching to Pandora because the morning shows on our local FM stations are horrible.
Pretty annoying that there’s no way to resolve it without shutting off the truck. I wish there was a way to restart the Infotainment screen from inside.

9 hours ago, SFX Group said:

This has baffled me, i just purchased a 2020 Suburban in Canada, my display looks nothing like the ones here.  Yours look like infotainment 3, mine doesn't... anyone have any ideas about this?

IMG_6506.JPG

IMG_6505.JPG

I am not 100% sure what you are asking, but your display is identical to my 2018 Chevrolet Traverse display, so must just be an older, previous version.

I also have the no satellite signal, trying to connect on occasion. Dealer seems to think there is a problem with the antenna, am not going to have them start tearing into things just to trouble shoot something that they don't even know for sure what problem is. Guess I'll just live with it.

2 hours ago, cdnSpinalTap said:

I am not 100% sure what you are asking, but your display is identical to my 2018 Chevrolet Traverse display, so must just be an older, previous version.

I think i found the answer:

https://www.chevrolet.com/how-to/infotainment

GM says "Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System in the following 2019 vehicles: Spark, Sonic, Cruze, Malibu, Camaro, Trax, Equinox, Blazer, Colorado and Silverado 1500."

So its not in the Traverse, Tahoe or the Suburban... typical, i get a new truck without the new screen system !

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 7:48 PM, pegasus said:

i have the same issue, pretty annoying.  I also sometime get the message, "Satellite signal lost.. Attemping to reconnect..."  The dealer never saw it happen but I showed them the picture on my phone.  Their story was, you must have been blocking the receiver by being in a garage or behind a building.  With this error on the screen to only way I have found to get it to work is to stop and power down the truck until the retained power is shut down. At next start the error does not return but the XM audio problem is still there.

If the dealer can't make it happen or see the problem, you don't have a problem.

IMG_2204.JPG

I've had this happen 4-5 times since having my 2020 Denali HD. I think I've narrowed it down to it only happening when I remote start. I drive between NY and GA so for these long trips it could be hours before I pull over to just turn truck on or off again. This happened before and after the December 2019 software update, I don't think I've been prompted for a new update since. Really annoying bug. I recently got a 2020 Acadia Denali with the same infotainment and so far don't see this issue yet.