2018 infotainment system rebooting

When I'm using my phone to listen to Iheartradio or other radio station Apps my Infotainment system will power down and restart about every 5 to 7 min .    Its not loosing internet signal to the phone. Samsung S9 is my phone ,but its not locking up the phone.

It seems to be fine when I'm listening to my music that is on my phone.

2018 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2l

8 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Starting points, does your phone have the updates/software, are you using Bluetooth, or using USB to connect?

Connected via bluetooth. The most recent update for the phone was last week.  Android 10.0.

9 minutes ago, ES44AC said:

Connected via bluetooth. The most recent update for the phone was last week.  Android 10.0.

Try connecting your phone via the USB cable/port just to see if that makes a difference in how it works.

My system would shut down and restart occasionally within the first week of taking delivery - 2020 Sierra 1500 Dbl 3L Diesel.  By 500 miles it died and I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive.

11 hours ago, Phil Murray said:

My system would shut down and restart occasionally within the first week of taking delivery - 2020 Sierra 1500 Dbl 3L Diesel.  By 500 miles it died and I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive.

That sucks.  I hope it's not the same issue I'm having.  It worked fine 2 weeks ago,  with the exception being iheartradio. Now its spread to 105.5 Rock105's App when via bluetooth only.

19 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Try connecting your phone via the USB cable/port just to see if that makes a difference in how it works.

If I connect it to USB it works fine with the Rock105 app, I haven't tried iheartradio yet but I will.  Its still connected via bluetooth, its a strange problem. 

Thanks for suggesting the cable connection. 

5 minutes ago, ES44AC said:

If I connect it to USB it works fine with the Rock105 app, I haven't tried iheartradio yet but I will.  Its still connected via bluetooth, its a strange problem. 

Thanks for suggesting the cable connection. 

You are very welcome.

Still connected, for phone calls, how is the quality of those?

Have you tried to disconnect the phone from the stereo (hope that makes sense), unpair, and then connect again?

5 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

You are very welcome.

Still connected, for phone calls, how is the quality of those?

Have you tried to disconnect the phone from the stereo (hope that makes sense), unpair, and then connect again?

The phone calls seems ,but its Bluetooth connected and cable connected(Android Auto). The Radio App seems to be routed through Android Auto and calls on BT. This isn't as flexible, but it works.  

I haven't tried to unpair then re-pair the phone . Probably worth a try, it may be Friday before I try it.