Remove Scratches from AT4 rims?

Scotch Brite pad with some aluminum polish. Or a Brillo pad. If there is no clear coat on the rim then a sandpaper that closely matches the grain. Go with the grain, not cross ways. Then elbow grease till you are satisfied. If all else fails put that rim on the rear passenger side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, GM clear coats all their wheels so you can treat it like you would a scratch in paint.

Just don’t get too crazy chasing perfection on it. I’d try a combination polish & synthetic wax and leave it there. Should diminish the appearance quite a bit without being aggressive. Too easy to burn right through the thin coating near the edges (even polishing by hand) and have salt corrode it. Nobody is gonna see it anyway.

Edited by OnTheReel

I’ve used mostly Meguiars products in the past, but lately I’m a big fan of this:

Turtle Wax 53412 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish and Wax-14 Fl Oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XYPS3PV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qzxAEbJH2N4N3

Did an excellent job taking care of minor scratches in my paint. It’s minimally abrasive, so you can work those areas a few times if you need to. And as a bonus, it’ll leave behind some really great wax protection. Smells delicious too.

Found some McGuire's rubbing compound and wax in the garage. Three goes with rubbing compound and a Terry cloth and some wax and it's almost like it didn't happen. I can't believe how soft that clear coat is. Glad I didn't go at it with a steel a scotch Brite pad..[emoji102]f2a1b69c98e3f7a67ce46653861ef60f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1