Fuel pump problem?

Has anyone replaced their fuel pump with a Delphi brand? I just put one in today for my 2010 sierra 1500, put. The tank back up and it wont start. I turned ignition on and off a few times to cycle pump, but. Only once maybe every 7 to 10 times i get a buzz of a split second from the pump. I checked the fuel rail and nothing. I climbed under truck while i had someone cycle pump while i checked the 2 harnesses and wiggled wires. Without a pressure tester (I just depress Schrader valve to see if fuel squirts out) I will try to test the pump and harness to see maybe a bad ground? Any ideas? Has anyone had problems with that brand pump? I know i always have problems with anything electrical from advanced or autozone, and that's where this came from. Hopefully just a bad ground.

Looks like i got some wire testing to do then. The float gauge works good, I'm thinking that might be the smaller connector. When I went to pit the larger connector on the purple plastic piece inside the wire connector of the truck to the pump came out and i pushed it back up in there. Maybe I didn't get it seated right, but it went right in and the lock shim also went in no prob.

2 hours ago, Rob Slie said:

Looks like i got some wire testing to do then. The float gauge works good, I'm thinking that might be the smaller connector. When I went to pit the larger connector on the purple plastic piece inside the wire connector of the truck to the pump came out and i pushed it back up in there. Maybe I didn't get it seated right, but it went right in and the lock shim also went in no prob.

Do you know anyone with a Tech-2 or other bi-directional scan tool?  Could speed up diagnosis.

Ok, went out and dropped the tank a little while ago and decided to redo the wiring on the fuel pressure sensor. After redoing each pin i hooked the harness up while on the ground and it spit out fuel, so in it went and it's runnin good now!

• Like 2