Rubbing on UCA

Today I saw that my tires are rubbing on my UCA. I had it at the dealership 2 weeks ago for the leaf spring fix and I’m not sure if they touched the front suspension, but it hasn’t been doing this for the year that I have had it. I think they are the stamped steel. Any idea what could be causing this? I’m completely stock. 6711b2f986aac75ce5c12a9708943aad.jpg

0ce6edc79172023665bde9a0c4105498.jpg

Looks like your tires are turning too far in.  Definitely should not be doing that at all.  I would take it back to the dealer and have it repaired, something either broke or they did something they shouldn't have when you had it in before.  Especially if you never had anything like this happen before you took it in for the leaf spring fix.

• Like 1

I called the dealership right after I posted and they told me to bring it in because they were not busy. He had the head tech or whatever come take a look and he said it was normal if I go down steep inclines.. well I don’t.. and it didn’t do it before I took it in for the fix. Also I checked the used K2 trucks on the lot and none of them had the rub marks so I’m at a loss. They said it could be an alignment issue.. but I don’t really see how that could be. Should I take it elsewhere.. maybe the chevy dealership? (We only have one gmc dealership in town)

If you search on this forum you'll see others that have the same issue. If I remember correctly, it probably has something to do with the specific wheel/tire setup that you have on your truck. Different Chevy/GMC wheels have different offsets.

The type of control arm you have may have something to do with it as well. This body style came with 3 different type of UCA's.

• 2 weeks later...

...but, if it just happened after coming back from the dealer, presumably with the same wheels/tires and suspension that it went in with, then perhaps it's something as simple as tire pressure?  Maybe they lowered the tire pressure a bit, so the tire sits a bit wider on the wheel, and now rubs?

very common issue.  My 2017 GMC Denali did the same thing.  More trucks do that than don't.  It got slightly worse for me after a level kit,  new 285-55R20 tires (on stock Denali wheels) and realignment. 

For me i wanted a little better stance & added 1 1/2" spacers all the way around.  No more rubbing and the stance is SO much nicer.