Motofab 2.5" Level - 2020 Sierra

Anybody have the 2.5" Motofab leveling kit installed on their Sierra/Silverado?  I have scrolled through multiple threads and only could find one truck, and it was a double cab.  Looking to see if anyone else has this kit.  I was looking into the Rough Country N3 2" Leveling Struts as well.  Any input on either of these would be great.  Looking to pull the trigger within the next day or two after days of looking/researching.  Thanks.

Also, not looking to affect my ride quality.  I have seen that the Motofab is a good kit and doesn't affect the ride due to the spacers being on top of the strut in lieu of the bottom.  Ride quality is super important to me as I drive a lot for work.  My last truck, I had a 2" Rough Country level but it was below my struts and it rode awful.

Edited by ryoung035

Anyone?  Ordered the Motofab 2.5" leveling kit on ebay last night for $49.  Would love to see some pics before I begin the install.  Definitely don't want to spend hours installing it and the front end is higher than the back!  I could easily return it for a 2" if needed.  Any input would be nice!

33 minutes ago, BurnsMax said:

https://www.americantrucks.com/motofab-25-front-leveling-kit-0718-silverado-1500.html

Read the reviews section.  Someone with a 2019 said it doesn't fit

Oh wow that's strange.  Not sure why Motofab says it fits the new body styles.  Looks like I will be returning this kit soon as I receive it.  That's a bummer.

Hi, I had the 2.5” motofab leveling kit on my Silverado crew cab. I put about 2K miles on the truck with that leveling kit before I killed the front axles. I removed the kit and went down to a 2” motofab kit and replaced the axles. Have been very happy so far. I also raised the rear 1” as I tow a bit. 

8BA9EAE5-0C8B-47F1-ABC3-3C24F85AA328.jpeg

I have the 2.5 Moto fab top mount spacer on my 2020 Sierra crew cab. I originally installed the Rough Country bottom mount spacer but removed it and installed the Moto fab due to clearance between the CV boot & the strut bolt. Only issue I had was when you mount the spacer to the strut you have to rotate the strut 180 degrees when reinstalling. This causes the tabs that mount the strut to the control arm are angled in the opposite direction making it impossible to thread the bolts in. I took a large adjustable and rotated the tabs to match the angle of the control arm. I saw where the Rough Country top mount spacer disassembles the strut and rotates it 180 degrees. (Check their website) Looks to correct the angle of the tabs when reinstalling the strut. As far as the height, I installed the rear factory spring blocks that I removed from my 2014 Sierra and have about a 1 inch rake. You might want to add a 1 inch block to the rear...

Hope this helps!

2020 Sierra Levela.jpg

20 minutes ago, Licustom said:

Hi, I had the 2.5” motofab leveling kit on my Silverado crew cab. I put about 2K miles on the truck with that leveling kit before I killed the front axles. I removed the kit and went down to a 2” motofab kit and replaced the axles. Have been very happy so far. I also raised the rear 1” as I tow a bit. 

8BA9EAE5-0C8B-47F1-ABC3-3C24F85AA328.jpeg

Thanks for the info. And hate to hear that. Is that a common issue with these kits? The last thing I want to do is ruin my axles on a brand new truck. Was this an installation error maybe? I haven’t seen many cases of this happening from a leveling kit..

18 minutes ago, Vmax08 said:

I have the 2.5 Moto fab top mount spacer on my 2020 Sierra crew cab. I originally installed the Rough Country bottom mount spacer but removed it and installed the Moto fab due to clearance between the CV boot & the strut bolt. Only issue I had was when you mount the spacer to the strut you have to rotate the strut 180 degrees when reinstalling. This causes the tabs that mount the strut to the control arm are angled in the opposite direction making it impossible to thread the bolts in. I took a large adjustable and rotated the tabs to match the angle of the control arm. I saw where the Rough Country top mount spacer disassembles the strut and rotates it 180 degrees. (Check their website) Looks to correct the angle of the tabs when reinstalling the strut. As far as the height, I installed the rear factory spring blocks that I removed from my 2014 Sierra and have about a 1 inch rake. You might want to add a 1 inch block to the rear...

Hope this helps!

2020 Sierra Levela.jpg

Thanks for the feedback man! Your truck looks great. I am going to install the 2.5” kit and see how it looks and then make my mind up on if I will add 1” blocks to the rear. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ryoung035 said:

Thanks for the info. And hate to hear that. Is that a common issue with these kits? The last thing I want to do is ruin my axles on a brand new truck. Was this an installation error maybe? I haven’t seen many cases of this happening from a leveling kit..

Definitely not an installation error, think it was just to much angle at 2.5” for the axles. When I replaced the axles I used axles from a trailboss. Axles measure the same length but the inner tulips was about 1.5” longer. 

8BA9EAE5-0C8B-47F1-ABC3-3C24F85AA328.thumb.jpeg.9e15629fc7cac371bc5a590c80c5001f.jpeg
What was ruined on the axles? The cv joint itself? Reason i ask is people are doing 4" ready lift sst kits and from what i can see is they dont drop the diff so the cv axle would be at far worse angle.

I too ordered a motofab 2.5" front kit and have some 2.5" blocks for the rear. My truck is pretty level so im doing equal lift front and rear

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, ullose272 said:

What was ruined on the axles? The cv joint itself? Reason i ask is people are doing 4" ready lift sst kits and from what i can see is they dont drop the diff so the cv axle would be at far worse angle.

I too ordered a motofab 2.5" front kit and have some 2.5" blocks for the rear. My truck is pretty level so im doing equal lift front and rear

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The outer CV and boot on both sides. I think it’s luck of the draw.. a friend had the 2.5” lift also and had no axle issues... only difference is his trucks a pavement princess not that I off-road mine but I do drive it on the beach and now that I think of it that’s when my axle issues started. 

Wanted to give an update.. Received the Motofab 2.5" kit today and decided to return it.  Called my local shop and they quoted me to install the ProComp 2.25" leveling kit for $275 installed and aligned.  Taking it there tomorrow and will post up pics once I get it back.  Thanks for the input guys

• 5 months later...

I posted on another thread about my cv axles leaking. I have the Eibach pro lift kit which is as adjustable front strut,  coil springs and rear shocks.  It’s probably just over 2inches of lift. The dealership installed it and maybe a month later I had green grease all over the inside of the front  wheels and control arms. The dealer is ordering new front axles currently back ordered. I asked about getting the trail boss cv axles he didn’t think there was a difference in length. There was also glue around the cv boot on both sides they may have been torn and repaired. I’m not sure this is how it comes from the factory.7A8C2224-7862-4240-B1D0-D2BDB2986432.thumb.jpeg.4b0c24410cf87f7a1a85b9798ec66a26.jpeg

759250FC-3769-4196-9169-20049A73983D.jpeg

9E2EC008-19BD-4706-9D2C-69945D99DEB6.jpeg

Edited by Tcustomsilverado
Adding photos and text