1999 Silverado vs K1500

Hello folks. This may be a dumb question, but if I had a dollar for every dumb question I’ve ever asked, I’d be a wealthy man. I recently bought a 99 Chevy. As I’ve started to search around for parts to make the necessary repairs, I’ve noticed that websites have options for 1999 of a k1500 and a Silverado 1500. My question is, are there any differences in those two options? From what research I’ve found, there isn’t. But I thought I’d come here for some expert opinion. Thanks!

Not an expert but The K in front of the number used to mean 4 wheel drive. Another thing to keep in mind is1999 was a transition year for the new GMT 800 platform as well as still producing the prior GMT 400. So there were Two body styles in 99. Hope that helps.

13 minutes ago, dennismc said:

Not an expert but The K in front of the number used to mean 4 wheel drive. Another thing to keep in mind is1999 was a transition year for the new GMT 800 platform as well as still producing the prior GMT 400. So there were Two body styles in 99. Hope that helps.

This pretty much covers it.  So now do you have the new body style or old?