2.25” lift and Borla Atak w/ Carbon Fiber tips

Won’t let me upload the video for the sound but it sounds mean AF. 

2.25” lift with icon 2.5 stage 2 extended travel front coil overs and their tubular delta joint UCA.

2.25” rear lift with A ready lift block and Fabtech stealth shocks FTS6333. The lift puts the shock right in the middle of its travel so I’ve got about 5” up and down in the rear. Not sure on the front yet. I was going to lift it more in the front, but going to drive it as is, because all the angles are still fairly close to stock and I’m going to use the stock tires for a while. 
If anybody has used these coil overs with the UCA and have wheel fitment specs for an 18 let me know please! Thank you

2DE94840-6271-4CB9-BBA2-B7CD19266080.jpeg

933AEF9B-B5A3-41FD-B9AA-40A640184095.jpeg

Edited by Sierra50BMG

1 hour ago, Sierra50BMG said:

2.25” lift with icon 2.5 stage 2 extended travel front coil overs and their tubular delta joint UCA.

2.25” rear lift with A ready lift block and Fabtech stealth shocks FTS6333. The lift puts the shock right in the middle of its travel so I’ve got about 5” up and down in the rear. Not sure on the front yet. I was going to lift it more in the front, but going to drive it as is, because all the angles are still fairly close to stock and I’m going to use the stock tires for a while. 
If anybody has used these coil overs with the UCA and have wheel fitment specs for an 18 let me know please! Thank you

2DE94840-6271-4CB9-BBA2-B7CD19266080.jpeg

933AEF9B-B5A3-41FD-B9AA-40A640184095.jpeg

Youtube the vid and post the link. Site needs more Atak vids/sound clips. You running a resonator before the Atak?

7 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Youtube the vid and post the link. Site needs more Atak vids/sound clips. You running a resonator before the Atak?

Ok I’ll get it shortly. No resonator. This is the long wheelbase which borla doesn’t make a kit for. Had to buy a piece of pipe from Napa. Part #140776CF

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sierra50BMG said:

I’ll get more sounds up once I get back, haven’t seen the truck in person yet these were sent by my mechanic. I’ll pick it up tomorrow. 

Right on dude! Truck sounds like a beast! 

2DE94840-6271-4CB9-BBA2-B7CD19266080.jpeg.994fc5f68e9c54c61e6a4994fa059d88.jpeg
933AEF9B-B5A3-41FD-B9AA-40A640184095.jpeg.33076ae089448fa82805055db44a1cea.jpeg
If you had to do it again would you have gone with a higher stage from Icon? I am considering stage 4.

In what why do you notice the ride improvements? Like can you describe the difference?

Do you do a lot of dirt roads, or forest roads?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, topgear1224 said:

If you had to do it again would you have gone with a higher stage from Icon? I am considering stage 4.

In what why do you notice the ride improvements? Like can you describe the difference?

I will have to get back to you on that. I do dirt and forest roads, WMAs and dispersed camping and hunting in the mountains. I chose the stage two because I didn’t feel the need for reservoirs. It’s not a crawler or a Baja truck. I haven’t driven it yet, it’s currently at the shop. I will pick it up tomorrow and take it for a drive this weekend down some different roads. Mind you, I have the NHT package, so I’m sure the ride will be much different. I will update you as soon as I get the chance to get out and play a little. Also I didn’t go with the icon rear shocks because I didn’t want to level it. I used the stealth shocks and a 2.25” block and I’m center of travel at ride height now, 5” up and 5” down.

• Like 1

I will have to get back to you on that. I do dirt and forest roads, WMAs and dispersed camping and hunting in the mountains. I chose the stage two because I didn’t feel the need for reservoirs. It’s not a crawler or a Baja truck. I haven’t driven it yet, it’s currently at the shop. I will pick it up tomorrow and take it for a drive this weekend down some different roads. Mind you, I have the NHT package, so I’m sure the ride will be much different. I will update you as soon as I get the chance to get out and play a little. Also I didn’t go with the icon rear shocks because I didn’t want to level it. I used the stealth shocks and a 2.25” block and I’m center of travel at ride height now, 5” up and 5” down.
I've been very impressed with the longevity of the remote resiv Bilstein's versus non remote reservoir built Bilsteins. I find it really shows up when you're doing a dirt road at 40 to 50 miles an hour for over an hour or so at that speed.

I ran about 60 miles up the Dalton at reasonable speeds (avg was probably 35-40, couple stints to 60 on the "smoother" sections.) Stock X31, the ranchos are all aeriated now and although they pass the bounce test sitting still, at speed the leafs are uncontrolled. To the point they are bottoming out on paved highways.

23 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

I've been very impressed with the longevity of the remote resiv Bilstein's versus non remote reservoir built Bilsteins. I find it really shows up when you're doing a dirt road at 40 to 50 miles an hour for over an hour or so at that speed.

I ran about 60 miles up the Dalton at reasonable speeds (avg was probably 35-40, couple stints to 60 on the "smoother" sections.) Stock X31, the ranchos are all aeriated now and although they pass the bounce test sitting still, at speed the leafs are uncontrolled. To the point they are bottoming out on paved highways.

If you’re doing that for over an hour I could see the need for resis. I’ll drive it this weekend and let you know what I think, not planning on anything like that, out here we got tons of deer and crap that like to hide so speeding on back roads isn’t advised.

• Like 1

Ok. So first impressions. Exhaust is loud. Cold started in the garage this morning and it made me jump a little lol. Don’t get me wrong I love it. But I’m sure my neighbors don’t lol. I’ll have a video of it outside the garage in a bit. This is the 6.2. The 5.3 Atak is still loud but has a raspier tone imo. The 6.2 has a loud roar at start up and turns into a growl that goes back to a roar with some throttle.

Suspension

I haven’t driven it much since I picked it up. I plan on running Interstate and around town, some mild off-road today too, down a bumpy dirt road with some dips and cattle guards. What I felt so far is amazing. Front doesn’t jump up and the extra travel is awesome compared to the NHT setup. The ride is still pretty stiff but forgiving when it matters. Which is exactly what I wanted. The rear stealth shocks feel really good. Doesn’t bounce in the roundabouts anymore and feels like it could handle a load just fine. I will have more updates this evening once I’ve spent some time behind the wheel. Also going to take it to an off-road shop to see if can get some measurements for wheel and tire combos. The icon UCAs are closer than the stock so spacers will be needed or a different offset. It clears now with stock 20s and 275/60 trail runners from the factory.

On 4/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, topgear1224 said:

Ok, if I could do it again without spending too much behind time behind the wheel, I would’ve called icon and gotten a different spring for the coil overs. The part I got, I only have another 1/2” to play with on the pre load. I would’ve ordered one that would allow for more lift. It looks good now but leaving a little more to be desired. Ride feels good I will post updates later today with pics.