Add a USB input

I have a 2018 Sierra base model. It has a radio but no CD player, etc. I have 2 USB ports in the center console. I would like to add another to "permanently" add a hidden phone to be used with Android Auto for maps, phone, etc. Since some models have USB ports mounted below the radio area, I'm wondering if there is a harness I can plug into. I'm not just looking for a charging port, but one that is tied to the radio inputs.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Should easily be able to help you rig something up. Send me a PM or contact me at coastal flash. Link in my signature.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows the pinout for the connector that plugs into the back of the USB ports in the armrest console?? And where the signals originate from?? I know pin 4 is ground and pin 6 is 12V. Also "know" that the other 4 pins must be the data lines for the 2 USB ports but don't know which "pair" goes to which port and the proper polarity. 

I have a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 "fleet" model that has the IOB radio option (7" screen, no Nav, no Onstar, no CD). The connector for the USB ports is part of a 4 connector harness - 1 connector to the USB ports, 1 to the Aux input, 1 to the convenience outlet and the 4th obviously plugs into a harness(es) head back to wherever all these things originate. Does anyone know if the USB data lines originate at the HMI?? At the radio?? Or ... ?? I would really love to find an end to end diagram. 

The first picture shows the harness under the drink holders in the armrest (found an example on eBay!) And the other shows the 6 pin connector plugged into the back of my USB ports.

ANY help would be most appreciated!!

Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

20200602_171520.jpg

Edited by mbramble
Change of information

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mbramble said:

Is there a place to find wiring diagrams other than Upfitters??

I think I found what I need at Upfitters! Just had to view it on a real PC screen instead of my phone or tablet!!

If it's available for your truck (it takes a year or two before they become available to the public), the full-service manual also has it (wiring diagrams, pinouts, power and ground locations, harness routing, and more).  Sites like alldatadiy.com have subscriptions available relatively cheap....

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 3:45 PM, mbramble said:

....I know pin 4 is ground and pin 6 is 12V. Also "know" that the other 4 pins must be the data lines for the 2 USB ports but don't know which "pair" goes to which port and the proper polarity. .....

Just as a correction to what I said above.......  Glad I put that second "know" in quotes because I obviously didn't - know ? The other 4 pins on that connector have nothing to do with USB ports. They are for the Aux Input port. Well, 3 are, the 4th isn't used. The usb signals are carried on a usb cable with, I believe, a usb mini A connector that plugs into the back of the module that houses the armrest console's 2 usb and 1 Aux Input ports.  I think that module is what is referred to as "A90 Logic" in the Upfitters wiring diagrams. 

On 5/8/2020 at 3:45 PM, mbramble said: