Adaptive cruse control not working

I just picked up a 2019 Yukon SLT. I believe that it has adaptive cruse control, it has the button on the steering wheel next to the cruse resume button that shows two cars crashing. When I have the cruse on and push that button the dash shows the two cars crashing and you can set the distance, but the truck never slows down when I come up on another car. I have read about it and it shows that when the cruse is on and the adaptive cruse is set there should be a green car right above the cruse symbol, but I don't have that I only have the cruse symbol that looks like a speedometer. I read somewhere that says you can switch the adaptive cruse on by pressing the cruse cancel button for a few seconds, but that didn't work for me. Every once and a while I get a green car near the cruse symbol and once it went yellow but the truck didn't slow down.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Looks like you do not have adaptive cruise control.  Check manual.  There are different symbols for regular cruse control vs adaptive cruise control.  You can set the distance for regular cruse control to show how far you are from the vehicle in front of you at three different distances.  It will go from green to red as the distance decreases to warn you to slow down, but the cruise will not slow by itself.  Same thing happened to me.  Took a while to find the different symbols and realize no adaptive cruise control.

Adaptive Cruise Symbol should look like this on the dash:

Cruise.JPG.f2e96cbf2419f898a27dd64bbf37d466.JPG

If it's just the speedo symbol and the car shows up to the right, it's normal cruise and not adaptive.  I have the LTZ and thought I had it all but no ACC :(

Edited by mikemcclain8

Unfortunately, you do not have adaptive cruise if your cruise control light does not look like the one above. That button on your wheel is used only to adjust how aggressive the automatic emergency braking and braking alert sensitivity is for your truck. ACC was