Electrical GREMLINS and now stuck in 4WD HI

Looking for some help as my electrical gremlins have grown to more than I can deal with.

1. I have an aftermarket Pioneer head unit that after years of service would frequently power on and off an few times after start up, but eventually come on and stay after a few minutes. I eventually had it replaced and continued to do the same thing, which makes me assume it is truck related not head unit related.

2. I have aftermarket Spyder headlights and when I unlock my truck with the key fob, both headlights illuminate and stay on. However as soon as I start the truck the driver side headlight goes out within 10 seconds. I have auxillary lights so havent really worried about it. But alot of times after driving a while it will majically come back on. I have changed the light in the housing several times and same issue, which again suggest to me it is a truck issue not headlamp issue.

3.Over the last few months there has been a few times where I go to start the truck and I have absolutely no power, as if the battery is completely disconnected. I open and close the doors, hit the key fob a few times and sometimes it comes back to normal. Other times I disconnect the battery hook it back up and the truck starts with regular voltage, although #1 and #2 still persist. Last night I had the truck in 4WD HI and this happened. Once I finally got power back I get a "service 4WD" indicator and my truck is stuck in 4WD HI. Disconnect the battery but does not help, same thing "Service 4WD" and stuck in 4WD HI. 

4.Intermittently over the last few years I will have then door locks locking and unlocking while driving down the road, while no button is being pressed. Also, the key fob will sometimes not work at all, or only unlock the driver side and not the other door and tailgate. Also added the Pop & Lock actuator a few years back as well.

I know that is a lot of randomness, I suspect maybe a ground issue but semms worse than that and really don't even know where to start. And the biggest issue now is how can I get my truck OUT of 4WD HI????

Thanks in advance for any help !!!!!

-Michael

5 hours ago, blownZ71 said:

Looking for some help as my electrical gremlins have grown to more than I can deal with.

1. I have an aftermarket Pioneer head unit that after years of service would frequently power on and off an few times after start up, but eventually come on and stay after a few minutes. I eventually had it replaced and continued to do the same thing, which makes me assume it is truck related not head unit related.

2. I have aftermarket Spyder headlights and when I unlock my truck with the key fob, both headlights illuminate and stay on. However as soon as I start the truck the driver side headlight goes out within 10 seconds. I have auxillary lights so havent really worried about it. But alot of times after driving a while it will majically come back on. I have changed the light in the housing several times and same issue, which again suggest to me it is a truck issue not headlamp issue.

3.Over the last few months there has been a few times where I go to start the truck and I have absolutely no power, as if the battery is completely disconnected. I open and close the doors, hit the key fob a few times and sometimes it comes back to normal. Other times I disconnect the battery hook it back up and the truck starts with regular voltage, although #1 and #2 still persist. Last night I had the truck in 4WD HI and this happened. Once I finally got power back I get a "service 4WD" indicator and my truck is stuck in 4WD HI. Disconnect the battery but does not help, same thing "Service 4WD" and stuck in 4WD HI. 

4.Intermittently over the last few years I will have then door locks locking and unlocking while driving down the road, while no button is being pressed. Also, the key fob will sometimes not work at all, or only unlock the driver side and not the other door and tailgate. Also added the Pop & Lock actuator a few years back as well.

I know that is a lot of randomness, I suspect maybe a ground issue but semms worse than that and really don't even know where to start. And the biggest issue now is how can I get my truck OUT of 4WD HI????

Thanks in advance for any help !!!!!

-Michael

For now, I would pull the fuse for the 4WD system and see if it goes back into 2WD.

There are multiple ground points that can cause issues, on in the A pillar by the windshield, one under the drivers side on the fram, bad battery cables, and sometimes a bad BCM, ECU/ECM. 

At this point, I would take it to a professional and see If they can track down the source.