Bilstein 5100 strut assembly question

I’ve got quick question. I’ve done quite a bit of reading and watched videos but can’t seem to find an answer. Pulled the struts out of the truck and took them to a local shop (I didn’t want to mess with the springs). Anyway, I noticed that this ring is loose as hell and Im scared it’s going to rattle. The shop didn’t use any of the hardware bilstein sent, they used the old (don’t know why). I did watch a video where the guy said he used the factory ring but that’s all he said. I’m guess when the truck gets back on the ground it’ll put enough pressure on it that it won’t rattle? Any info on this before I take them back Monday and make them change the hardware out? Thanks 

6EDE0CAB-B8B5-4D31-8A0C-DC9E56D338F4.jpeg

Edited by 86onTSLs

That is only going to be under compression when the bump stop is touching it, I can't remember that ring on mine but I know nothing was loose. The hardware they re-used might have been the snap ring that sets the height but likely the top nut as the Bilstein supplied nut can cause a loose fit in the top mount.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk