Electric trailer assist

My wife just bought me a 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 it had a harness for the factory trailer assist that I purchased and installed it does not work any ideas

I did plug it into a bobcat trailer flatbed and all the lights work turn signals and brake lights but there was nothing that showed the trailer assist was working

Even check the fuse for the electric brake under the hood and there is one 30 amp fuse but nothing on the dash showed that the trailer was even hooked up the lawn something that shows gin

Edited by Jimmy Bergeron
Added info

1 hour ago, Jimmy Bergeron said:

the lawn something that shows gin

Welcome to the site.

Not sure what that means????

Do you have the factory trailer brake control in the dash above your headlight/4WD switches?

If you installed that switch panel above the light/4WD knob then your truck does not have the factory brake controller, and it can’t be added.

The wire plug you had that came with the truck is so you can hook up an after market trailer brake controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Jimmy Bergeron said:

And thank you it good to know we can help others and in my case get help and it had a blank compartment but I ordered the switch and installed it

Yea, not sure why the dealer even sold you the switch without inquiring if your truck came with the option.

The trucks are set up with the brake controller embedded in the computers and can not be added at a later date.

Do you have RPO code JL1 on the sticker in your glove box?

• Like 1