Transmission Jerk

Has anyone been able to fix the jerking trasmission issue on the 8-speed transmissions in the 2015 Yukon Denalis?

If so what was the solution.

It seems to jerk the hardest when shifting from 1st to 2nd when accelerating somewhat lightly and it shifts at around 1500 rpm.  But when accelerating harder and when its at about 1900 to 2100 rpms when shifting it doesnt jerk as hard...  so maybe its a clogged up filter issue?

Just bought it 1000 miles ago, it has 102k currently and I don't know if anyone has changed any fluids or filters on it in the past.

Thinking about doing a fluid change like showed in this video and seeing if it helps anything...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmx2C8ya0Oo

Also heard the torque converter might be an issue?

Just interested in starting a discussion on solutions to this common transmission issue.

Also, does anyone know the status of the lawsuit?  Last I was able to see is that GM was attempting to sidestep it back in December 2019....

Thanks.

After you bought it, now your going to check on any issues with the 8 speed???? That transmission is an absolute piece of ****** and has been since it was released in 2014. You can't fix the unfixable.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The dull reality to your issue is there is NO fix.  My 2017 Denali had the valve body replaced and fluid changed to synthetic.  Nothing helped.  Your only option is to join the class action lawsuit and try to lemon law it.  Sorry but there is no good news.  GM knew they had a loser and kept installing them anyway.  Sort of like the ignition switch scandal. Look here

Ok, 

The trans has any issues and for some reason we still buy it. 

There is an updated fluid so i would purchase that when swapping. I believe the updated fluid is a blue label Mobil 1 container. (PLEASE someone correct me if i am wrong)

There is a very particular fill procedure on this trans. 

I would say to watch this video completely to verify that the fill/check is correctly done. 

I personally wouldn't do a flush on these trans. could do more harm then good. 

For you initial question, what do you mean by "jerking". switching gears and it jerks into the other gear? no they still havent fixed it. 

LINK:

I'm having some jerking issues on my 2019, which is the 10 speed. Has there been any reports on that transmission?

It's the worst when coming to a stop, but not actually stopping. Once you move from the brakes to the gas in a 4-5mph roll, it feels like there is slack in the driveline that goes away, and creates a jerk. Along with that, when going 30mph or so, and taking my foot off the gas, the transmission holds the gear, at even up to 2k RPM or so, causing the truck to slow down, rather than coast.  It doesn't go to the next higher gear like other vehicles, and when stepping back on the gas it does a jerk as well, as mentioned above.

Along with those two, if I am coming to a quick stop, it feels like the transmission stays engaged for too long, and there is a jerk when the torque converter finally releases. 

Has anyone been able to fix the jerking trasmission issue on the 8-speed transmissions in the 2015 Yukon Denalis?
If so what was the solution.
It seems to jerk the hardest when shifting from 1st to 2nd when accelerating somewhat lightly and it shifts at around 1500 rpm.  But when accelerating harder and when its at about 1900 to 2100 rpms when shifting it doesnt jerk as hard...  so maybe its a clogged up filter issue?
Just bought it 1000 miles ago, it has 102k currently and I don't know if anyone has changed any fluids or filters on it in the past.
Thinking about doing a fluid change like showed in this video and seeing if it helps anything...

Also heard the torque converter might be an issue?

Just interested in starting a discussion on solutions to this common transmission issue.
Also, does anyone know the status of the lawsuit?  Last I was able to see is that GM was attempting to sidestep it back in December 2019....

Thanks.

U can try a valve body and a fast learn. It helps especially if you do a proper drive learn after. Most guys who get their 8 speed worked on don’t get the drive learn done right. None of this you can do yourself it’s dealer only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk