Help. 35’s 4.56 gears In. 2014 Sierra falling on its face

Sorry if this topic is already covered.  I read through  and didn’t see the exact issue.   2014 Sierra AT with 5.3 and 3.08 gear.   Just finished 6” BDS with 35’s and a 4.56 gear swap.   Normal driving and everything is fine with some higher rpm shifting.   I took to out to enjoy the new gearing and was bummed out by a launch/burnie that only resulted in pinning the tach and the engine cutting out to save itself.   Talked to some people and they recommended a tune.   Quotes $750 for a professional tune and seemed familiar with the issue on the phone.   Questions.  

anyone else have this problem?

how did you fix it?   
$750 reasonable for a professional tune?

what should I expect for that $750?   (Plugs, wires, fuel filter)

how do I know if tuner is quality.  Website looks legit.   Reviews online good.   Seemed cools and knowledgeable on the phone.
Am I on the right track?

Anything I should be aware of?   Never done extensive work on a late model engine.  Only carbureted racecars and hot rods.  

the truck is my daily driver and I want it to be fun for sure, but reliability and drivability are important.   

For something as simple as a gear change and minor tweaks I'd probably charge less than $200 to tune it. It's $100 for the credits and some money for my time.

Paying $750 is absurd and they are stealing money from you at this price. I don't own a shop and just do this stuff on the side but for a shop to charge that much is crazy to me.

• Like 1