Lifted trucks with stock wheels

I've got a 2018 Silverado Z71 and I want to lift it 4". I'm not a fan of after market wheels and a wide stance so I'm trying to find a setup that doesn't increase the track width and uses stock wheels. I'm looking at Fabtechs 4" lift because they claim it doesn't incease the stock track width. Does anyone have any experiece with this? I've seen a bunch of guys running 4 or 4.5 lifts from bds and zone but they both make the tires stick out. I looked at the stock wheels on lifted trucks forum but I'm having trouble finding anyone with a lift that doesn't increase the track width. Your help is appreciated!

https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product/4-basic-system-w-rear-stealth-shocks-k1116m/

CST 4.5" lift is what you want
TXGreek has this on his truck and he says it's the best 4.5" on the market. I would agree.
SSchup has the same lift.
It keeps the factory track width.
Hit up the Greek. He can help you out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

TXGreek has this on his truck and he says it's the best 4.5" on the market. I would agree.

I second the CST 4.5”. I’m running it with stock midnight edition wheels and a 35” toyo open country R/t tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Appreciate it, I'll reach out to them

Pics? Are you running any spacers on the front or back?

3fb1b0a682622ecdc7055340ad86e1d5.jpg
This is the only pic I have at the moment. I do have a spacer on the back which is not really necessary. The place I took it to figured I needed a spacer to match the front track width but with the CST it is not necessary.

3 minutes ago, chrispassas21 said:

3fb1b0a682622ecdc7055340ad86e1d5.jpg
This is the only pic I have at the moment. I do have a spacer on the back which is not really necessary. The place I took it to figured I needed a spacer to match the front track width but with the CST it is not necessary.

Thanks, some pics down the side would be great when you have a chance. So, I looked at the CST lift and I noticed its not a knuckle lift, it uses brackets to drop everything down. Any down side to this? I thought knuckle lifts were the way to go when it comes to quality and long term life

• Like 1

Thanks, some pics down the side would be great when you have a chance. So, I looked at the CST lift and I noticed its not a knuckle lift, it uses brackets to drop everything down. Any down side to this? I thought knuckle lifts were the way to go when it comes to quality and long term life

When I get home I’ll get one for you. Everyone has their own opinion and will tell you their personal preference. This is the kit I went with and I haven’t had any issues. All my alignment specs are within range as well. Only down side to CST lift is I will need to repaint all of the CST parts. Salt in the winter sucks.

On 6/15/2020 at 12:20 PM, DominatorZ71 said:

There is no such thing as a knuckle lift that won't increase track width. Bracket is the only way. 

The Fabtech ductile iron steering knuckles retain the stock track width keeping tires under the fender for a clean appearance. 

From the fabtech website. Heres the link: https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product/4-basic-system-w-rear-stealth-shocks-k1116m/

13 minutes ago, Matthew1996 said:

The Fabtech ductile iron steering knuckles retain the stock track width keeping tires under the fender for a clean appearance. 

From the fabtech website. Heres the link: https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product/4-basic-system-w-rear-stealth-shocks-k1116m/

Well the more you know. Unfortunately only 4" and can't use OEMs

39 minutes ago, DominatorZ71 said:

Well the more you know. Unfortunately only 4" and can't use OEMs

Its the only knuckle kit that I've found that doesn't increase track width. Same thing for their 6" kit, no increase in track width, I'm just leaning towards the 4" kit right now. So that's the thing, all of these suspension companies say you can't use OEM wheels but if you check out the "Stock wheels on lifted trucks!" forum, you'll see tons of trucks with knuckle lifts and stock wheels. I'm just trying to find someone that specifically uses stock wheels with the Fabtech kit, haven't seen that exact combo yet. But there are tons of trucks running zone, bds, rancho, superlift, ect with stock wheels. Usually no spacers, in the front too. Which for me is the lure of the fabtech kit, if I could run it with no spacers up front I would be doing great

Link: 

54 minutes ago, Matthew1996 said:

Its the only knuckle kit that I've found that doesn't increase track width. Same thing for their 6" kit, no increase in track width, I'm just leaning towards the 4" kit right now. So that's the thing, all of these suspension companies say you can't use OEM wheels but if you check out the "Stock wheels on lifted trucks!" forum, you'll see tons of trucks with knuckle lifts and stock wheels. I'm just trying to find someone that specifically uses stock wheels with the Fabtech kit, haven't seen that exact combo yet. But there are tons of trucks running zone, bds, rancho, superlift, ect with stock wheels. Usually no spacers, in the front too. Which for me is the lure of the fabtech kit, if I could run it with no spacers up front I would be doing great

Link: 

Those Fabtechs weren't on the market when I made a purchase. It was the CST or Rough Country. The knuckle lifts normally allow OEM use it's the bracket lifts that say you can't under 20". Mine even says cant use with factory 18s but I saw someone else do it so here I am. Rules are meant to be broken.

3 hours ago, DominatorZ71 said:

Those Fabtechs weren't on the market when I made a purchase. It was the CST or Rough Country. The knuckle lifts normally allow OEM use it's the bracket lifts that say you can't under 20". Mine even says cant use with factory 18s but I saw someone else do it so here I am. Rules are meant to be broken.

Fair enough. Anyone running the 4" fabtech knuckle lift?