Hello,

I recently bought a 2016 Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 v8. The truck is amazing the only issue I have is it stutters when I’m at idle and slowly accelerating from the 1200 to 2400 rpm range any higher and it doesn’t stutter. I can’t seem to figure out what the issue is any ideas?

• txab changed the title to 2016 5.3 stutter at idle
12 hours ago, EricGonz2001 said:

Hello,

I recently bought a 2016 Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 v8. The truck is amazing the only issue I have is it stutters when I’m at idle and slowly accelerating from the 1200 to 2400 rpm range any higher and it doesn’t stutter. I can’t seem to figure out what the issue is any ideas?

I have recently purchased a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500, also with the 5.3 v8.  I have the same happening, but it isn't like a near stall, or anything close to it.  Does your engine have the automatic cylinder shut-off, for the highway driving?  I was thinking that it may also do that to save fuel, when idling, but haven't read up in the owner's manual... just a thought.