2020 Acadia AT4

Complete pouser or some real off-road capability?  I really like the way they look, thinking about getting one.  I have no illusions it's a Jeep Wrangler, but would want to do some mild off roading without getting stuck or leaving a bunch of plastic all over the place. 

From what I  researched and test drove when we bought my fiances 2020 SLT it didnt have any difference in drive ability or anything "off road".  We also had a pretty brutally honest sales guy who also stated the same. Besides hill descent button and some ugly headrest stiching there isnt much more. 

From what I understand the twin clutch rear axle makes the AWD system pretty good...but, you still lack a low range and any real ground clearance.  The tires are an AT I believe and on 17" wheels, which should help the ride in the dirt.  I think the lack of ground clearance is the biggest issue along with any undercarriage protection and you will be apt to leave plastic bits and maybe even metal if taken on much more then a fire road without care. From what I understand the twin clutch rear axle makes the AWD system pretty good...but, you still lack a low range and any real ground clearance.  The tires are an AT I believe and on 17" wheels, which should help the ride in the dirt.  I think the lack of ground clearance is the biggest issue along with any undercarriage protection and you will be apt to leave plastic bits and maybe even metal if taken on much more then a fire road without care. 

On 6/29/2020 at 12:43 AM, Wolverine350R said:

From what I understand the twin clutch rear axle makes the AWD system pretty good...but, you still lack a low range and any real ground clearance.  The tires are an AT I believe and on 17" wheels, which should help the ride in the dirt.  I think the lack of ground clearance is the biggest issue along with any undercarriage protection and you will be apt to leave plastic bits and maybe even metal if taken on much more then a fire road without care. From what I understand the twin clutch rear axle makes the AWD system pretty good...but, you still lack a low range and any real ground clearance.  The tires are an AT I believe and on 17" wheels, which should help the ride in the dirt.  I think the lack of ground clearance is the biggest issue along with any undercarriage protection and you will be apt to leave plastic bits and maybe even metal if taken on much more then a fire road without care. 

ECHO echo . . .