Lock Actuator problem

2015 Suburban LTZ - 70,000 miles

Recently, the right rear door isn't unlocking on the first attempt with the power locks.  If I push unlock 5-10 times, it will finally unlock.  During those 5-10 times, the stem (Part you can see) is moving up/down slightly until it finally goes all the way up and stays.  No issues with locking.  The unlock with handle pull still works without a problem.  Is the actuator dying or is there a nut to tighten around the stem that may fix my problem?  I haven't opened the door panel to look yet, thought I'd collect ideas first.  I have a video but it's too large to post.

11 hours ago, cs15dah said:

Pull open the door panel. :)

Guess I'll have to but thought I'd get the part (if needed) prior to opening it up.  I'll check youtube for how to access the panel.  I've done it on my old expedition so I'm guessing I can handle it.

I wouldn’t buy any parts yet. Might be as simple as the rod falling out of the plastic guide clips. Open it up and have a look. 

I used a video from A1 Auto on YouTube to remove my front door panel. It made the removal and réinstallation a breeze. 

4 hours ago, cs15dah said:

I wouldn’t buy any parts yet. Might be as simple as the rod falling out of the plastic guide clips. Open it up and have a look. 

I used a video from A1 Auto on YouTube to remove my front door panel. It made the removal and réinstallation a breeze. 

Will do! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
2015 Suburban LTZ - 70,000 miles

Recently, the right rear door isn't unlocking on the first attempt with the power locks.  If I push unlock 5-10 times, it will finally unlock.  During those 5-10 times, the stem (Part you can see) is moving up/down slightly until it finally goes all the way up and stays.  No issues with locking.  The unlock with handle pull still works without a problem.  Is the actuator dying or is there a nut to tighten around the stem that may fix my problem?  I haven't opened the door panel to look yet, thought I'd collect ideas first.  I have a video but it's too large to post.
Most likely the drivers door switch, but also check to see if it unlocks while you have the drivers door open . Open and close the door as you hit the switch, if this has some effect, then it could a short in the wiring at the pivot point.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well, I opened the panel and toggled the switch.  Definitely something internal as the plastic disc that turns up with the rod attached still wiggles but won't fully rotate without multiple attempts.  Local dealer quoted $425 to replace it :0  Guess I'll order the part for $100 and attempt the replacement myself.  Thanks for the replies.