Speedo calibration

I had a custom tune done and my speedo was set for 33's and since I have went to a 35. So my question is will I have to go back to my tuner or could I use something like the Rough Country speedometer calibration computer? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ideally going to the tuner for that simple change is best. This way the transmission can be auto-scaled for the change in tire height. It will adjust the shift points again.

This would take maybe 10 minutes to do. Hopefully they wouldn't even charge you for a simple thing like this.

On 7/1/2020 at 6:41 AM, 14 Silvy said:

I had a custom tune done and my speedo was set for 33's and since I have went to a 35. So my question is will I have to go back to my tuner or could I use something like the Rough Country speedometer calibration computer? Thanks in advance.

I was told to stick with your original tuner as a second tuning devise could overwrite your current tune.  

On 7/1/2020 at 8:41 AM, 14 Silvy said:

I personally have a Rough Country speedometer calibrator. It works easy and I charge people $20 to set there tire sizes (and they are glad to pay that when other people charge way more) so it has paid for itself 100 times over. You will probably pay someone 50-100 to do it, so you may as well spend the 130 and do it yourself and own the tool in case you go back stock or change to 33's again in the future.

https://amzn.to/3eWPftt is the one I have. It says it only goes through 2018 but I have done 2020 vehicles. I did a 2020 AT4 The other day we put a set of 35's on with a suspension lift. Worked fine on it.