Random thump

I've got a 2020 silverado with the 3.0L duramax engine, bought it back in November and recently had a 4" lift installed. Lately I've been hearing this "thump", like an acorn falling on the roof. It does when it's been out in the sun for a while. Anyone else having this problem or know what it could be?

On 7/9/2020 at 2:39 AM, chizzoy said:

adding myself to see replies on this post as i just got the duramax.   have yet to hear this pop and have a sunroof 

On 7/8/2020 at 10:16 PM, Htown_LTZ said:

I've got a 2020 silverado with the 3.0L duramax engine, bought it back in November and recently had a 4" lift installed. Lately I've been hearing this "thump", like an acorn falling on the roof. It does when it's been out in the sun for a while. Anyone else having this problem or know what it could be?

It has nothing to do with your lift or any differentiating specs. I have been waiting on my new truck for two weeks to get done having it’s lift added and for the new wheels and tires to come in since they were held up in shipping so the dealer gave me a 2020 double cab 4wd LT with the 5.3 to drive and I was sitting in a parking lot on my computer and heard what you described so I thought something blew off a tree or something so I just packed up and started driving only to keep hearing it as I drove from time to time. I had to switch trucks because the dealer sold the one I was driving so I got a crew cab this time and the same thing happened today before taking it back to finally pick up my truck. I asked them about it and it has something to do with the roof under different temps. They have had multiple complaints but no remedy. I bought the 19 model that was left over and a crazy deal and I have not experience that noise in it and the dealer hasn’t had any complaints pertaining to that noise from a 19 model.