CV Axle angles ok?

you have the bilsteins AND a level on? I would take the level kit off. This looks like its pushing it imo. That and, bilstein specifically states to not use leveling kits with these. Just use the notches to level. The CV's will be much happier.

Thank you.   I tried the Bilsteins up 2 more notches without the puck/spacer and it rode horrible.   Very rough ride.  Spring compressed too much.  I may put the shocks back to stock height to help the angles.

6 minutes ago, Rukus said:

Thank you.   I tried the Bilsteins up 2 more notches without the puck/spacer and it rode horrible.   Very rough ride.  Spring compressed too much.  I may put the shocks back to stock height to help the angles.

Thats the exact experience I am having. I am looking into better coilovers all together though. I like my leveled look and would prefer to not use adapters to add lift.

• Like 1

I agree.  Only solution I have found is a new spring all together.   The Bilsteins are a great shock (wish they were aluminum as opposed to steel ie rust).   

Not sure what you guys are looking to spend, but I went with a complete lift kit from Halolifts (front shocks/coilovers and rear shocks/lift block). You can order just the adjustable front coilovers for $794 right now (https://www.halolifts.com/Boss-Coilovers-fits-your-2007-UP-GM-SilveradoSierra-1500-_p_226.html). The ride is incredible, I went from a Magneride to these and it's amazing. Plus you can adjust them without removing them.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 11:56 AM, midwestdenaliguy said:

Not sure what you guys are looking to spend, but I went with a complete lift kit from Halolifts (front shocks/coilovers and rear shocks/lift block). You can order just the adjustable front coilovers for $794 right now (https://www.halolifts.com/Boss-Coilovers-fits-your-2007-UP-GM-SilveradoSierra-1500-_p_226.html). The ride is incredible, I went from a Magneride to these and it's amazing. Plus you can adjust them without removing them.

Do you have yours lifted to a raised level? If so, What tire/rim size do you have?

On 7/17/2020 at 9:17 PM, Charles P. said:

Do you have yours lifted to a raised level? If so, What tire/rim size do you have?

So with the Halolifts complete kit that I ordered, I did a 2.5" lift in the front and 1" lift in the rear. This leveled it out some, but it still maintains a rake. I wanted this though since I occasionally tow a trailer or haul a filled bed and can't stand seeing a truck where the back end is lower than the front (not my thing). When I bought the truck it came with 22" OEM GMC black rims and new Perelli tires, but I hated the ride because it was so stiff (low profile tire on big rim). Found a set of 18" OEM GMC rims that were powder coated black and then started my search for a new tire. The Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires were getting rave reviews so I took a chance with those. Then I installed the Halolift complete lift kit with the new wheel set up. SUPER happy with everything. It rides and sits exactly how I want it to. The Wildpeaks have held up beautifully in all conditions (ice, snow, mud, dirt/gravel trails, highway, rain, etc.) Tire size is 275/70r18 which equates to a 33" tire. I did not use a spacer, the OEM rims are mounted as normal. I attached some pics so you can see how it sits and how much room I have in the wheel well. No rubbing at all, everything clears as it should. CV angles are good too, I kept the stock ones on and figured if they go out I'll get aftermarket at that time, haven't had any issues though. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Truck Tire 1.jpg

Truck Tire 2.jpg

Truck Tire 3.jpg

Truck Tire 4.jpg

10 hours ago, midwestdenaliguy said:

So with the Halolifts complete kit that I ordered, I did a 2.5" lift in the front and 1" lift in the rear. This leveled it out some, but it still maintains a rake. I wanted this though since I occasionally tow a trailer or haul a filled bed and can't stand seeing a truck where the back end is lower than the front (not my thing). When I bought the truck it came with 22" OEM GMC black rims and new Perelli tires, but I hated the ride because it was so stiff (low profile tire on big rim). Found a set of 18" OEM GMC rims that were powder coated black and then started my search for a new tire. The Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires were getting rave reviews so I took a chance with those. Then I installed the Halolift complete lift kit with the new wheel set up. SUPER happy with everything. It rides and sits exactly how I want it to. The Wildpeaks have held up beautifully in all conditions (ice, snow, mud, dirt/gravel trails, highway, rain, etc.) Tire size is 275/70r18 which equates to a 33" tire. I did not use a spacer, the OEM rims are mounted as normal. I attached some pics so you can see how it sits and how much room I have in the wheel well. No rubbing at all, everything clears as it should. CV angles are good too, I kept the stock ones on and figured if they go out I'll get aftermarket at that time, haven't had any issues though. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Truck Tire 1.jpg

Truck Tire 2.jpg

Truck Tire 3.jpg

Truck Tire 4.jpg

Not going to lie,

I stared at your truck pics waaaay too long. Could be this makers mark, or, could be the beauty. Thanks for the info. Going to try changing tires first, these goodyear duratracs are known to be absolute sheeit. Going to get some continental AT's and see what that does. Next stop would be the halo lifts/ Fox shocks (will do research)

10 hours ago, Charles P. said:

Not going to lie,

I stared at your truck pics waaaay too long. Could be this makers mark, or, could be the beauty. Thanks for the info. Going to try changing tires first, these goodyear duratracs are known to be absolute sheeit. Going to get some continental AT's and see what that does. Next stop would be the halo lifts/ Fox shocks (will do research)

Ha, thanks. Good choice in makers mark. Black is frustrating to keep clean, but when it is it looks great. Good luck in your new set up search, post pics once you get everything installed!

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE the Duratracs... Best tire I've ever ran.   Had the WildPeaks... ok... KO2s... decent... but I get 75-80K miles out of the Duratracs.   Rotated every oil change and balanced ever other.   On 4th set.  (1 of those are on Jeep)

On 7/29/2020 at 11:06 PM, Rukus said:

I LOVE the Duratracs... Best tire I've ever ran.   Had the WildPeaks... ok... KO2s... decent... but I get 75-80K miles out of the Duratracs.   Rotated every oil change and balanced ever other.   On 4th set.  (1 of those are on Jeep)

Sorry to keep this going. Figured you guys would want updates. I got the continentals today. It's like driving on clouds. Very nice. I have never had continentals, but, I will buy them all the time now for sure. These tires are a game changer

Crappy pic- will get a better one tomorrow. https://imgur.com/a/fw5vTfw