2020 GMC 2500HD AT4 12” Lift on 40s

I purchase my 2020 GMC 2500HD AT4 4x4 back in September of 2019. This is my first GMC and my first diesel but not my first truck. Actually ever Vehicle I’ve owned has been a truck. I’m very happy with my GMC truck and I love the performance of my L5P and Allison 10 speed transmission! 

So Initially I just did a level kit, amp steps and Toyo A/T 275/65 R20 tires. Then I started to get the thoughts of doing a bigger build. I’ve had several lifted trucks over the years including my last truck with a 8” lift and a Magnuson Super Charger on it. So I started to do my research on what kind of a build I wanted to do. I initially planned on doing the McGaughys suspension but they couldn’t give me any eta for their release date. So I decided to got with the Bullet Proof 12” lift. 

I typically select all my parts for my build before I do anything. Then I can start planning what works and what doesn’t. This truck I had a Rendering done By Keg Media to see how my powder coating colors would look before doing anything. Since I had to have all my parts powder coated and painted before the build process started. 

I ordered my rims with raw milled edges, my suspension, bumpers and my grille all in raw form since I planned to have everything powder coated or painted. My bumpers were sent to get media blasted first then, had a base layer powder coat applied that is very close to my Dark Sky Metallic paint. Then I had my painter spray and clear the bumpers to match my trucks paint. 

Getting all the powder coating done on the suspension took some planning to get it all done. Especially the rear axle. I sent my truck to the shop with all the suspension parts in final powder coat so they could start installing all my suspension on the front. They took my rear axle off in the first day so it could go to media blast & powder coat and be back at the shop in 4 days to be reinstalled on my truck. Getting the seals and other OEM parts from GMC for my rear axle was a challenge because they didn’t have the parts available right away. I did get it all sorted out and kept the build process moving forward without any delays though. 

I had my truck at the shop for a total of 3 weeks. I had all my parts painted, powder coated and on hand before anything started.  

My truck currently has the Banks Derringer tuner and pedal monster on it. I did try to get a full exhaust system for my truck but I couldn’t find anything I wanted just yet. I elected to go with a vented turn out extension and a 5-6” black rolled angle exhaust tip. 

I’ve tried posting more photos but I can’t seem to post more than one photo at the moment. 
5292A50F-B9F0-4386-B57A-09FD6F99B35E.thumb.jpeg.b197cda5445ba9ea687129fce557bb99.jpeg

• Like 1

Man, what a build. I may do a big lift one day, probably not that big, but bigger than the traditional 5-6". For right now, i'm in the same boat you originally were, level it and bigger tires. Trying to keep it practical for a while, which is very unusual for me since I normally mod the hell out of everything i own.

• Thanks 1

Here a photo of my truck at dusk with my rigid rock lights on. I have two 30” single row vision X led bars in the grille and one 20” rigid single row in the front bumper. The fronts lights in the photo are using only  The backlight leds. 79D78442-898C-44E6-B499-4EE5941CEFB0.thumb.jpeg.5f0f0594bad8fa9b1ca99e4aeb0568e6.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gSwift said:

Man, what a build. I may do a big lift one day, probably not that big, but bigger than the traditional 5-6". For right now, i'm in the same boat you originally were, level it and bigger tires. Trying to keep it practical for a while, which is very unusual for me since I normally mod the hell out of everything i own.

A buddy of mine just did the BDS 6” lift on his 2020 2500 HD Denali with Fox shocks. He has been very happy with it. 

4 hours ago, 1UPPER said:

A buddy of mine just did the BDS 6” lift on his 2020 2500 HD Denali with Fox shocks. He has been very happy with it. 

Thats what I had on my last truck. The Fox coilover's with external resi's. It truly rode better than stock.  You definitely got most people "1upped" lol

Edited by gSwift
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gSwift said:

Thats what I had on my last truck. The Fox coilover's with external resi's. It truly rode better than stock.  You definitely got my people "1upped" lol

The BDS suspension with fox coilovers is a solid setup for sure! The whole 1UPPER title was given to me by my wife. Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have the Bedslide 2000HD. I really like the function of it! It will be a lot more functional when I can get my camper shell installed. It does slide all the way out which does work very well. 
B520A813-C172-40E0-90C1-31F5551A7873.thumb.jpeg.4b0064c9fd00be79a4f9a726219fa510.jpeg