Where to hide key

2 minutes ago, smurfy71 said:

Not sure why you’d need to, but hide it in the truck and use the app to unlock the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why, what if I'm locked out & can't find my keys? App only works if you subscribed to onstar. I had it for 3-4 months, didn't want to pay $15/month to keep it & cancelled. 

1 minute ago, Kincer said:

Honestly if I did have a good place to hide a key on my truck it would be kind of stupid to post it on here, just saying.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Come on...out of all the people on this forum, how many know you & your truck & want to steel it.

• Like 1

Come on...out of all the people on this forum, how many know you & your truck & want to steel it.
I haven't met anyone on here yet but it doesn't have to be a member this info is available to anyone. If we all hid our keys in the same place it really wouldn't be a secret, think about it [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Why, what if I'm locked out & can't find my keys? App only works if you subscribed to onstar. I had it for 3-4 months, didn't want to pay $15/month to keep it & cancelled. 

App is good for 5 years without subscribing to OnStar. I’ve been using it since 2016.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smurfy71 said:

App is good for 5 years without subscribing to OnStar. I’ve been using it since 2016.

They changed it in 17 or 18 to a very short time period. Then you have to pay to play. 

• Like 2

It's not that way anymore. I bought my truck in 2018, it only worked for a few months, can't remember how many.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, rav3 said:

I guess this is a bad place to ask a simple question. Forget it guess. I'll figure it out.

It's not a dumb question, it's just a question you ask someone in person I would say, not in a forum on the internet where anyone, even a non member can read it. I'm sure if you put some thought into it you can find a good place, if it was me I'd find and old prescription bottle that a spare key would fit in and find a good place to zip tie or attach in some way to the underside, easily accessible but not visible, maybe even spray paint the container black.

• Thanks 1

Guess I’ll check back here next year when my app runs out. Or just call AAA if I get locked out.

If your subscription expires, and you get locked out, you can call OnStar from your phone and give them your credit card number for a renewal and they will unlock it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

• Like 1