Seat replacements / mods

Has anyone modified or replaced the seats on their truck?

I’ve got a brand new LTZ that is so uncomfortable to sit in that I’m considering taking a massive loss just to get a different truck. Seems it’s the vibrating module in the seat or maybe the platform for something. But it’s unbearable and not drivable for me. Tried calling a couple shops to see if they could make suggestions and pretty much struck out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you not test drive the truck before you bought it? If it's as bad as you say then i'd think it would have been a deal breaker and you would have walked away.

As far as modding the seat,  i'd think you could have an interior shop add some type of padding for way cheaper than taking a huge loss on getting rid of the truck

Yes, of course I test drove it. The problem didn’t start until I put about 50 mins of drive time.

But all that is irrelevant now.

I can’t take much more than 5 mins in the seat and am looking for options. One upholstery shop told me they wouldn’t mess with a brand new seat and isn’t much they would do.

Perhaps, GM can switch out seats for me. I’m willing to pay. It’s better than losing 15k on selling a new truck with 200 miles on it.

• 2 weeks later...

seats are pretty uncomfortable.....very very firm, idk if a swap is gonna change much because thats just the way they are

a shop adding foam is best bet, find another shop......someone will do it

Edited by Dunn

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a 2019 LT with 5400 miles.  Driven it a week.  Drivers seat is unbearable, mostly in the right side.  The pain is relentless. You can actually feel the sensor.  I, too, will take a loss if this can’t be rectified.  If anyone has found a solution, pls let us know.   

I bought an Ultimate Purple Cushion that sits on the seat. It works wonders. The Purple Cushion is for people weighing under 200 lbs. The Ultimate Purple Cushion is meant for people 200 + lbs.

Edited by UsaKansas
Had more information to help with.

I bought an Ultimate Purple Cushion that sits on the seat. It works wonders. The Purple Cushion is for people weighing under 200 lbs. The Ultimate Purple Cushion is meant for people 200 + lbs.

Is that one breathable? Can you feel the ventilation or heat? What about the vibration, can you feel that you? tried their Everywhere Seat cushion on a recent road trip. It helped in that my leg didn’t go completely numbs, but it was still not comfortable.

Just got a 2019 LT with 5400 miles.  Driven it a week.  Drivers seat is unbearable, mostly in the right side.  The pain is relentless. You can actually feel the sensor.  I, too, will take a loss if this can’t be rectified.  If anyone has found a solution, pls let us know.   

I’m working with a Sr Mgr from GM to see if they can come up with a resolution. Swapping my seat, they claim, would void my warranty.

The leather seats in our lt are very comfortable.  Have lower back issues and the 8 hour drive home after buying the truck was not at all uncomfortable.  

If I was in your situation and money was not a concern, I might check into a katzkin option.  I am eventually going to do the katzkin leather conversion in our impala to replace the cloth.  

Heywalt...... please let us know the outcome.  My dealer is totally perplexed.  Thanks!

My dealer looked at it, felt that it’s the haptic system in the seat and said other ones are just like it. Not a defect with my truck. :/. That’s why I’m back with GM which will likely not yield anything positive other than platitudes. I’ve asked before that they buy back my truck. I’ll ask again. And again. And again.

13 hours ago, heywalt said:

Is that one breathable? Can you feel the ventilation or heat? What about the vibration, can you feel that you? tried their Everywhere Seat cushion on a recent road trip. It helped in that my leg didn’t go completely numbs, but it was still not comfortable.

Yes it is breathable. I tried many cushions. The Ultimate Purple Cushion is the only cushion that didn't flatten out like a pancake. It still has some spring in it, when sitting on it. Driving a 2500HD with 80 lbs of air in the tires, and hard seats was taking it's toll on my old back, and legs till i got the Ultimate Purple Cushion. If you get one, shop around. I think i gave $60 for mine. They ask a lot more on there sight. Either way, it's cheaper than replacing seats, or buying a different truck.