10 hours ago, Drumnatural said:

New member coming from a 6.7 powerstroke.  I was curious to see what you all are towing with these new 6.6s.  I plan on getting a 5th wheel soon at about 12k pounds loaded.  I’m done with diesels hopefully.

I tow my 37’ camper - around 9000# loaded. 

This truck does a great job. Last trip I pulled the camper up I 70 over the mountain in 100 degree heat with the AC blaring. The engine temp actually went down,  and the transmission temp went up like 10 degrees. This thing is a beast. 

One thing to note VS your old diesel. - it will rev a lot more. I was at 3000 - 3500 RPM for the entire climb at maybe 1/3 throttle. I had plenty of power to pass semis and slower traffic but you have to be willing to give it the boot. 

I pull a 42’, 14.5k 5th wheel quite often. Over 1/3 of my 10000 miles are towing it. It does fine, no issues. On rolling hills or climbing mountains, just let the engine sing. She makes good power in the 3-4000 range and it will run up there as long as you need it to. The RPM in those type situations will be the biggest difference you see. That was my experience coming from a 2015 Duramax to a gasser. Just have to remember that the gas has to turn up higher to make it’s power. Of course, it doesn’t have a turbo to help...?

• Thanks 1