Cold start squeak only lasts 20-30 seconds

Any thoughts what this might be on my 2020 Trailboss?  Got a distinct video of my 6.2l startup squeak.  It goes away after 20-30 seconds upon cold start.  Is this related to the PIP5587 Normal Engine Air Leak Whistle Noise From PCV or something else?https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/3lGp14h1ddzN

Screenshot_20200827-140851_Drive.jpg

Edited by Kelly Payne
Typo

I've noticed the same squeal on my 2020 6.2. From what I could find out its just "the sound of the 6.2, get used to it".

Kinda embarrassing to have my brand new truck sound like an 89 Oldsmobile on startup though.... 

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

I've noticed the same squeal on my 2020 6.2. From what I could find out its just "the sound of the 6.2, get used to it".

Kinda embarrassing to have my brand new truck sound like an 89 Oldsmobile on startup though.... 

Thanks, yes quite embarrassing for sure on a $60k truck when you're trying to show them (friends) upon startup lol.  Another member on the FB Trailboss group said his does the same and sure I'll try and get used to it, but does anyone actually know what the root cause is?

Appreciate it!

Edited by Kelly Payne
typo

42 minutes ago, Robbie Regala said:

Sounds like it may be a serpentine belt.  The one on my 5.3 has just been replaced under warranty, it's only got 10k on it.

Was kind of thinking that as well or a pulley, but it doesn't seem to be coming from that area.  Going to take it in next week and see what the stealer says and I'm sure it will be along the lines it just sounds like that, but want to make certain as it's kind of annoying!

10 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

What squeal?  I don't hear it.  And I've driven 89 Oldsmobiles.. They sounded just fine.  No squeals.

10 hours ago, Kelly Payne said:

Hmm turn your speakers up...goes away at end of the video.  Seems unusual to me...

I did have the speakers all the way up :(  Maybe I'm just tone deaf :(  I'll try again tomorrow.  

• 1 month later...

Any resolution to this from anyone??? I have the same squeal on my 2020 TB 6.2. Like all say, it goes away after about 30 seconds. But it sounds like an old Monte Carlo for the fist 30 seconds. lol.

Now that I am seeing it's not just me, I feel slightly better but would still like a fix.