newbie intro and question!

Hello all forum members! I'm brand new and just purchased a 20' TB LT in Satin Steel. I'm coming from a 17' Ford Raptor so I will see how they compare to each other after I have owned this TB for a while. I can't wait to get back to the rumble of a V8 instead of the EcoBoost 6. 

I have a question for you guys and really hoping you can help me out. My TB has the standard gloss black 18" rims and I'm wanting to put some BF Goodrich KO2's on just like my raptor had. I really liked those tires tread design and no drone on the highway at all. What is the biggest tire I can put on the factory 18" rim with no rub or requirement of trimming? FYI, I plan on putting on a rough country 1.5" level kit. Other than that the suspension staying stock. Can you also tell me where I can get the best deal on KO2's?

Thanks in advance and I'm glad to be here to learn from everyone about these Chevy trucks!!!

Edited by flea_sly
wording mistake
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 7:01 AM, flea_sly said:

Hello all forum members! I'm brand new and just purchased a 20' TB LT in Satin Steel. I'm coming from a 17' Ford Raptor so I will see how they compare to each other after I have owned this TB for a while. I can't wait to get back to the rumble of a V8 instead of the EcoBoost 6. 

I have a question for you guys and really hoping you can help me out. My TB has the standard gloss black 18" rims and I'm wanting to put some BF Goodrich KO2's on just like my raptor had. I really liked those tires tread design and no drone on the highway at all. What is the biggest tire I can put on the factory 18" rim with no rub or requirement of trimming? FYI, I plan on putting on a rough country 1.5" level kit. Other than that the suspension staying stock. Can you also tell me where I can get the best deal on KO2's?

Thanks in advance and I'm glad to be here to learn from everyone about these Chevy trucks!!!

Welcome.  As posted above those should work.  I'm sure more will chime in with advice.  I'm also looking at the same tire when my Duratracs wear out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nichos said:

HI @flea_sly welcome to the forum! I switched from an f150 too, loving my chevy so far.

I'm still mostly stock, and don't have a trail boss, but this thread it looks like 295/60r20 is the largest:

Good luck!

After researching for the last couple weeks, I'm gonna go with RC 1.5" level kit and put on Falken wildpeak 295/70r18 and call it a day!

2 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Welcome.  As posted above those should work.  I'm sure more will chime in with advice.  I'm also looking at the same tire when my Duratracs wear out.

thank you sir! I've decided do RC 1.5" front level kit and put Falken wildpeak 295/70r18 and call it a day. 

the factory tires are louder on this truck than the K02's on my old raptor. I'm hoping the Falken will less noisy than these goodyears I currently have on.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...