Did a couple cheap appearance mods

I never liked chrome/silver so......I'm eventually going to get some black take-off's and proper black emblems, but not willing to spend that kind of money right know here's what I got: 

Stubby antenna off Amazon

Chevrolet tailgate letters off Amazon

Smoked plate cover off Amazon, I'll probably take off so the cops don't have a reason to pull me over.

Black "hubcaps" off eBay

3M vinyl wrap for center caps off Amazon

And plastidip available everywhere.

Regarding the platidip, I was able to easily remove the dip over the red RS on the tailgate.  My intention was to do the same on the fender Z71's, but I could not get one side to cooperate for some reason. So after the third time, I just went all black.

20200829_181945_resized_1.jpg

20200829_182029_resized_1.jpg

20200829_182058_resized_1.jpg

20200829_180200_resized_1.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maduxfn31 said:

How do you like the wheel skins been looking to get some for my truck

For the price, they are great.  They fit snug, and have decent material thickness. No vibration or wobble. A couple of very small imperfections which you can't even see unless your face is a foot away.

So yes, I would recommend them if you don't have the money to drop on new rims.  

This says it all - My wife was mad I paid 90 some dollars for plastic hubcaps, but once I put them on she was pretty impressed with how they looked.

I've been kicking around getting those plastic wheel covers, too.  Thanks for posting this.

Although...I am on the fence on selling the truck as well so...

20 hours ago, psk256 said:

I never liked chrome/silver so......I'm eventually going to get some black take-off's and proper black emblems, but not willing to spend that kind of money right know here's what I got: 

Stubby antenna off Amazon

Chevrolet tailgate letters off Amazon

Smoked plate cover off Amazon, I'll probably take off so the cops don't have a reason to pull me over.

Black "hubcaps" off eBay

3M vinyl wrap for center caps off Amazon

And plastidip available everywhere.

Regarding the platidip, I was able to easily remove the dip over the red RS on the tailgate.  My intention was to do the same on the fender Z71's, but I could not get one side to cooperate for some reason. So after the third time, I just went all black.

20200829_181945_resized_1.jpg

20200829_182029_resized_1.jpg

20200829_182058_resized_1.jpg

20200829_180200_resized_1.jpg

Truck looks real good.  Nice job!

• Thanks 1

As far as the wheel covers go--Yes, they do look great BUT the downside to these is they will rub and eventually cause some wear spots on the original finish which of course won't be an issue unless you or a subsequent owner wants to take them off!

8 hours ago, Ed/2020RST said:

As far as the wheel covers go--Yes, they do look great BUT the downside to these is they will rub and eventually cause some wear spots on the original finish which of course won't be an issue unless you or a subsequent owner wants to take them off!

I agree. Everything I have done is removable, and there maybe some rub issues on the rims.  My goal, as I said, is to replace them with other takeoff's some day - so i'm not too concerned. 

When I said tight fit, I mean they really stay in place, perfect molding. So when I do take them off, i'll be sure to post what result is from the skins and any imperfection issues on the original rim.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, john musgrave said:
On 8/29/2020 at 6:40 PM, psk256 said:

Here's a close up of the wheel skins. You can see a little bit of original rim when you are right above it.

20200829_180218_resized_1.jpg

Are those 20” wheels and if so were did you get the skins? I can’t any where 

No, they are 18.  Not sure if they make ones for the factory 20"