Headers/NY emissions

I'm looking to put headers on my '14 sierra 5.3, the issues rises as i'm in NY state with their BS emissions inspection. Anyone in NY have options that they have done successfully? TIA

Edited by MtN33R

Where in NY are you? I've done full exhaust systems in previous vehicles (including headers) and had no issues with passing inspection. I used to bring one of my vehicles to the dealership to inspect just because it was easier for me (and that car was highly modified). As long as you don't have a CEL you should be good to go.

I'm in sullivan county, NY. Thats what im afraid of is a CEL because of the o2 sensors,  I rather not spend $1700 on high flow cats with long tubes. Just weighing my options here with some research before dishing out the doe!

On 9/11/2020 at 6:10 PM, MtN33R said:

I'm in sullivan county, NY. Thats what im afraid of is a CEL because of the o2 sensors,  I rather not spend $1700 on high flow cats with long tubes. Just weighing my options here with some research before dishing out the doe!

I’m in Orange County right below you. I have Texas speed headers with no cats. Before I had my rear monitors turned off, I ran 90 degree o2 extensions, CEL never came on. Had it inspected twice so far by Barton Birks in Newburgh with no issues 

21 hours ago, Kyle Coleman said:

I’m in Orange County right below you. I have Texas speed headers with no cats. Before I had my rear monitors turned off, I ran 90 degree o2 extensions, CEL never came on. Had it inspected twice so far by Barton Birks in Newburgh with no issues 

Thanks for the input man. Looking at the TS headers and y pipes they're pretty reasonably priced, might send it with a pair of their LT's and catted y pipe.